-0-

steve woke up in a haze of confusion and a terrible headache. the events of last night weren't quick to come to his head. all he knew wad that it had something to do with alcohol.
he let his eyes adjust to the soft light in the room he recognized as his own. next to him was a girl buried under his covers. steve had a pretty good idea of what happened as he was naked and the girl was shirtless.
she had curly blonde hair and fair skin. she was beginning to stir and come from underneath the covers.
steve placed his hand on her cold back gently.
"hey,babe. i had a lot of fun last night, we should do it again sometime. hm?" he whispered to her.
  she turned around and steve nearly screamed. it wasn't a girl at all.
  "oh my god! b-billy? this is a fucking joke right?" he screamed, making billy become alert. he then screamed too.
"jesus fuck! you, you aren't naked? are you?" he yelled at steve. both of them began to descend into panic as the realization of what really happened last night hit them.
"oh my god! billy! you realize what the fuck we did right?" steve asked him, already knowing he did.
"oh my god, no? of course i fucking do steve!" he said, standing up hurriedly and put on a pair of blue boxers and jeans.
  "jesus fuck, billy. what're we gonna do? do we just like never talk about this again? how did this even happen. what am i gonna tell nancy? we're so fucking stup-" steve rambled in an anxiety and confusion filled rant.
"first of all," began the now calmer boy, "you aren't telling nancy any-fucking-thing. and hell yes, go put on some goddamn clothes and we're talking about this. you really don't remember what happened last night if you're concerned with nancy." he said, watching steve's heart break, imagining the worst with nancy.
a few minutes later, the two were sitting shirtless on steve's bed.
"so, i hate to tell you this, but i think you and nancy broke up." billy said, nearly vomiting up the words. he saw something within him break as his eyes began to twinkle in the soft light as his eyes filled with tears.
"w-when? why?" he asked, choking on spit and trying to hold himself together in front of billy.
"uhm, well, she was drunk. very drunk. and i don't know exactly what she said but you just left and she told you it was over and you just got yourself wasted, man." billy finished, sparing all the details he knew from steve.
a single tear fell from steve and rolled down his pale face from his bloodshot eye. he quickly wiped both his eyes and scoffed.
"fuck her then." he whispered out, only so loud that billy could barely hear it.
"sorry, dude." billy said, he was so much calmer and kinder than steve was used to.
"but you know, pretty boy like you could get any girl you wanted." he said, immediately regretting his use of the word pretty.
"i-i guess. but do you know what happened with, you know, us?" the teary-eyed boy breathed out, the words more pleasant than he thought they'd be against his tongue.
"no, steve. not really. i remember us walking here and after that nothing." billy said, nervously playing with his curls. he remembered everything from last night.
"oh well, i remember some i guess. i remember us laying in bed for a bit then you fell asleep and woke up again. then uh, i remember one of us taking off the other's shirt and you can imagine the rest." steve said quietly.
the two sat in silence until billy finally spoke.
"i won't lie to you steve," he began, knowing he'd regret what he was about to do.
"i kinda liked it."