-2-

the early morning gold hues shone through the thin, worn down curtains of steve's room. The raggedy curtains gave the soft gold and yellow a blueish accent to them. The color was amazing to look at, it was perfectly dim and bright at the same time and oh how perfectly it complimented billy's tan chest.
steve sat next to the boy, both of them still stripped down to boxers and smelling of sweat and sex. the thoughts of what they did together last night -completely sober beside a beer each- whirled through the brunette boy's mind like race cars on a track.
  the light shone onto billy's dark butterscotch skin. his blue eyes fluttered open slowly, dark eyelashes softly batting as he came to.
   "hey, babe." he half murmured half mouthed to steve.
   "good morning, baby," he said in a hushed tone. he bent down and let his lips fan themselves aimlessly across billy's, instantly waking up the curly haired boy in surprise. billy was first to break the kiss, his gunmetal blue eyes were slightly sunken in and had dark grey circled under them but he didn't look tired. They were bright and beautiful, golden flecks flickered around his eyes as he stared into steve's russet eyes. it wasn't needed for him to stop drowning in the twinkling brown eyes to see the smirk on steve's face, it was seen through his eyes.
   "w-we should get- get to school," billy stammered over his words, his suave facade began to thin around harrington.
  "i guess so. god, i hope nance isn't there. that'll be awkward," steve's face then became droopy and dissapointed. the fact that after everything that they did together it hurt billy slightly that steve still cared so much about nancy.
"yeah." billy chewed at his didty nails, biting his tongue slightly in a literal sense. he didn't want to say anything to hurt steve worse.
   he couldn't help but wonder though, what were they? boyfriends? no, they hadn't even been on a date or anything. friends? friends didn't fuck each other. fuck buddies? god, he hoped not. billy whipped his head around to steve, his curls bounced around in separate directions.
  "hey, steve," the boy inquired, looking away from the other. his heart was going to jump out of his chest on onto the sidewalk the two walked on as they headed toward their cars.
  "what-what are we? i mean like, we don't have to be anything if you don't want to be. i know we aren't like-," the anxious boy rambled on. steve laughed slightly. billy was acting much differently than normal. it was pretty cute anybody would admit.
   "well, i don't know. friends with benefits i guess," steve replied plainly while looking at his reflection in the glass window of his car. billy's heart dropped from his chest down to his stomach and broke there. friends with benefits? he regretted ever asking at all.
  "okay then. see you later, harrington," and with that, he jogged to his car, hoping his voice cracking wasn't too obvious.
  he sat in the driver's seat, hands grasping the wheels tightly as his knuckles turned white. he saw his vision blur as a single tear dripped down his flushed cheek.
  he never knew how much he truly did want the harrington boy. he wanted him, to hold him while watching movies and to go out together and kiss him lightly in the mornings as they woke up together. just to love him.
  he guessed he wanted a boyfriend more than a friend with benefits. but he never pictured it being steve harrington of all people he'd have a stupid crush on.
•••••••••••
(a/n) woah i'm sorry about my month long (?) hiatus and this terrible filler chapter. this was kinda an introduction to the drama. i hope you found some enjoyment in this terrible short chapter.
ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NEARLY 300 READS! i honestly never expected over 50 views by the end of the book or story so that truly means so much