The Turn Pt 1: Decision

"Mae I'm sorry for yelling at you!"
Silence.
Xiumin had been sitting outside her room since he woke up the next day. It was now noon. Chanyeol came and sat beside him.
"Has she said anything yet?" Asked Chanyeol.
"No! I can't stand it! Maybe she's still asleep." Said Xiumin. His voice was raised. Chanyeol did not look impressed by Xiumins excuse.
"Hey Mae?" Yelled Chanyeol
"What?!" She yelled back.
"Have you eaten?" He asked again. He was staring at Xiumin. Xiumin was about to yell to Mae when Chanyeol covered his mouth.
"Yes! Thank you though!" She yelled.
"Alright just checking." Said Chanyeol.

Chanyeol took his hand away and laid down in the hallway. He started looking at his phone.
"Uhh! I just want to tell her that I will turn her but she will never find out like this." Xiumins back was leaning against the door when Mae finally opened it. Xiumin fell infront of her feet. Mae looked down at Xiumin. Chanyeol was still laying on the floor on his phone.
"How long have you been out here?" She asked.
"Not long. Like 4 hours." Said Xiumin with a smile. Mae rolled her eyes and stepped over him and walked down the stairs. Xiumin hastily got up, almost tripping over chanyeol, and ran to follow Mae.
"YOUR FUCKING THIRSTY XIUMIN! THIRSTY!" yelled Chanyeol.
Xiumin looked back and mouthed "fuck you" to him.

When Mae got down she sat with Baekhyun.
"So when you turn...do you want to stay here or make your own nest with Xiumin?" He asked.
"Probably stay here. Also why dont you hunt anymore? You guys just buy girls off the internet?" She replied.
"Yes. It's horrible but it's how we live. We don't hunt because no one could do it correctly." Said Baekhyun.
"Oh alright." She said as she scratched her head.
"I'm not going to order girls anymore. I might order some men now that we know how to drain blood using medical equipment. Men have strong blood systems and normally last longer." Said Baekhyun.
Xiumin was sitting on the stairs listening to them. He finally got up and ran to Mae. Most of the boys were in the living room at this point. He took her face in his hands and kissed her lovingly.
"I'm sorry I yelled. I was just worried. But I'm ready for you to be with me forever Mae. I can't wait to turn you." He said.
"Yah! Get a fucking room!" Yelled Suho. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
"I love you too Xiumin. I want this. I know the consequences and I'm okay with them." She said smiling.
"So when do you want it to happen?" He asked.
"Tonight."
"What?! You haven't gotten your body prepared." Worried Xiumin.
"I agree with Xiumin this time. You could die if your body isn't stable enough." Said Baekhyun.
"Well you better get my body ready soon then shouldn't you?" She said as she drank a glass of cranberry juice.
Everyone's faces were serious.
"Mae. There is an 80% chance you could die. Please. I'm begging you." Said Chen.
"Just do this for me. I want it tonight. You guys have enough blood frozen to last you a month which will give you enough time to find new prey. I can handle this. Believe in me." She said.
"Okay." Said Xiumin. Baekhyun and the others looked at him in disbelief.
"Xiumin...." Said Chen.
Mae hugged Xiumin.
"If this is happening it's happening my way. Get in bed and turn the lights to dim. I will get hot tea." Said Xiumin. Mae bowed to every and went back upstairs.

"Fuck. So what if she dies?" Asked Chanyeol. Sehun elbowed him the side. Xiumin sat down on the couch and hurried his tearing up face in his hands.
"I can't lose her." He mumbled. The others were heartbroken seeing him this worried.
"Then don't. Control yourself. You have done this before." Said Baekhyun.

Hours of prepping and calming music past and it was time. She dressed herself in a white dress. She let her hair flow down. She was nervous but was ready than ever.

Baekhyun walked into the room.

"Are you ready, Mae?" He asked. She nodded her head. He came over to her a hugged her tightly. He suddenly pulled out a knife. Xiumin came in he looked as though he had been crying.
"When I leave you need to make a 10inch incision on your arm. The smell of this much blood will transform Xiumin into his proper form. Please know that we all care about you." He said as he got up and left.
"Mae. I love you." Said Xiumin as a tear rolled down his cheek. She started to form tears too.
"I love you too." She replied.

She took the knife and sliced a cut up her forearm. She looked up at Xiumin. He eyes turned the bright glowing red. His fangs were larger than ever. He was panting. She was afraid. Xiumin pinned her to the bed and sank his fangs deeply into her neck.

Pain.

She screamed out of sure terror and pain. Xiumin put his hands on her neck and squeezed. Not enough to kill her but enough so she couldn't make noise. Mae felt the blood pouring out of her neck. It was so much. Suddenly she felt cold as if her body was no longer working right.
There was a new stinging sensation in her neck.

Then darkness.

Not as if she had blacked out, but darkness of the sight, mind, and body.

Am I dying?

It's alright.

I still love him.