Chapter 2 Kitten

It's lunchtime and the four of us are in my red Mustang waiting for Evan's chosen to come back to his apartment for his free class period. He's 16 and lives on his own. Evan said he chose him because of his pureness. See, we all chose based on personality first. I wanted someone with a little fire in their eye. Evan wanted someone pure and clueless about all the dirty things in life. Derek wanted someone adventurous and curious about the world. And Axle wanted someone deadly and dangerous. My thoughts were cut off by Evan as he nudged me with his elbow and pointed.

I looked out the window and saw the Hawk going into his apartment with his stack of books. We all got out of the car. Axle was the lookout and waited outside the complex. Derek got us through the buzzer door and Evan and I got into the apartment. We stayed silent walking through the main room looking for the boy. Evan looked at me and nodded, tossing me a closed syringe and walked forward. I came up behind the boy and watched as he noticed Evan. He gasped and dropped the book he was reading on the counter. "W-who are you?" Evan gave a soft smile and kept the Hawks attention on him. "Shhhh. I'm not gonna hurt you." Evan whispered as I got closer.

I got in position and stuck the syringe in his neck, emptying it. He yelped and started to sway. Evan came up to him and held him in his arms. The boy's body went completely slack, yet his eyes remained open and blinking. "It was a muscle relaxer. So he doesn't go completely out and not remember anything and starts making the wrong assumptions tomorrow." He cradles the small boy in his arms and walks back to the car. He stays in his arms all the way back to the temporary house.

 He stays in his arms all the way back to the temporary house

Joseph (The Hawk)

<3 Evan

Joseph, my chosen, was laying in my arms as I walked to the house we have on earth. I looked down at Joseph to find him looking around with half-lidded eyes. When his eyes connected with mine I started to talk. "The muscle relaxer will wear off soon, so I'll take you upstairs to my room so you can sleep off the after effects. You should be exhausted." He blinked at me with those big hazel eyes of his. I smiled softly and made my way upstairs with my chosen in tow.

<3 A/N

Okay, I just wanted to say that this whole chosen thing will be explained in one of the chapters after this. So it will be explained soon. Also, I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea with how the chosen are younger than the Gods because to them they are 18. Nothing is going to happen that would be illegal between the chosen and its god. Thank you.

<3 Colin

Evan and Derek stayed behind to tend to their chosen while Axle and I went back to the High School to keep an eye on ours. As we got there we could see that the day was almost over. Everyone was in the last class of the day and were ready to get the hell out. I couldn't blame them I was too. Once the day ended it would be a day closer to Axle and I getting our felines and getting out of this hell hole. We walked the halls as the bell rang trying to find the mischievous creatures. Axle spotted his and walked that way to keep an eye on him as I kept scanning the student filled halls until I saw my little kitten at the edge of the hallway trying to avoid getting hit in this crowd. She had her earbuds in her ears, blasting rock most likely, trying to keep her anger in check.

I followed her to the parking lot where she starts her walk home. I sucked in a sharp breath when a boy walks to her side. Axle came beside me and I gave him a confused expression. He leaned over to me and whispered, "That's him." My eyes went wide as I looked back to the two. He started to call her names and I watched as her eyes turned a faint fiery green. I had one thought and one thought alone. Shit.

<3 Axle

As I spotted my lion, I separated from Colin to go closer. As I got close enough he slammed his locker shut and looked through the crowd. He locked his eyes with someone and started to walk out the school. I followed him to the parking lot and watched as he sped up his pace. I frowned in confusion as he stopped beside Alexis. I caught up with Colin and walked beside him while he gave me a confused face. I leaned closer to explain, "That's him." Those two (or three) words were enough to make his eyes widen and look back over to them. I looked also and saw Alexis' eyes starting to turn a fierce green. This is not good.

<3 Alexis

The bell rang and I got my things together and started for the front door of the school.

The boy named Zachary walked to my side and started to babble. "Hey." "What do you want Zachary?" "You should call me Zack. Everyone else does." "What do you want Zachary?" "Just to talk to you, Lexi." "Don't call me that." "Why not?" "You're not allowed to." "What's wrong Lexi?" "Don't call me that." "Why not?" "No one can call me that. Especially you." "You got a problem with me, Lexi? Oh, or is it the male gender? I mean, I would understand after..." I could feel my anger spiking. "Shut up." "What? I'm just saying-" "I don't care what you were saying. Shut up about it." I gritted out my teeth. "Is someone getting mad?" "No." "I think you are." I closed my eyes as I felt my eyes showing through the contacts and breathed deeply. Stay calm. Stay calm.

"Oh, you are seething! Do I have that much of an effect on you Lexi?" "Just go away." "But then I wouldn't be doing my job now would I?" "And what is your job exactly?" I asked in a whisper. He grabbed me by the shoulders and looked straight into my eyes. "To be the pain in your side for all of high school." He pushed me and started to walk away. I caught my balance and walked briskly to the forest as I felt my anger slowly take over. I was a few feet in the woods when I could feel my baby canines lengthen.

<3 Colin

I watched as that kid shoved my kitten and I almost advanced if it wasn't for Axle's hand pressing against my chest. "That'll be his first punishment when I have him. We can't make a scene." I nodded stiffly and watched as my precious creature quickly entered the forest. "Go make sure she's okay." I looked at Axle briefly then made my way to where Alexis disappeared. Getting past the break of the woods, I watched as she lost control. Sure she's a kitten but she still has a temper. I watched as her dull canines turned into sharp, tiny needles. Her nails growing just a bit while narrowing. Her hair acting as if there is static all around her. Then there's my favorite part, her vibrant green eyes are showing through the dull brown contacts she wore. (I'm not hating on eye color. Mine are brown. It's merely to emphasize his feelings.)

Eyes when emotions are heightened

Normal eyes.

She took off into the forest and didn't look back. I will have you soon my sweet kitten.