Chapter 9 Kitten (Redone)

Shout out to @jnec101214

<3 Alexis

As we made our way into the kitchen, I slowly look around the room at everyone else. I then return my eyes to Colin. "Can I go in the back? Get some fresh air?" He thinks for a moment and nods his head, "Sure. Be back in about an hour, though." I silently agree and look over to Joseph and Louis. "Wanna come with me, guys?" They both looked at Derek and Evan, who gave their approval. They jumped up and rushed to the back door.

As we stepped in the grass of the backyard, I asked them to sit on the grass with me. "So guys, I was wondering-" The opening and closing of a door stopped me mid-sentence, and I looked behind me to see Zachary coming towards us. I tensed slightly and waited for him to attack.

He slowly sat down beside me and looked me in the eye. "I want to apologize for yesterday. I shouldn't have hurt you. I overreacted." I gave a small smile and responded, "I accept your apology. I shouldn't have been in your territory anyways." "Why are we out here anyway?" Zachary questioned. "Oh, right! So how are we getting out of here?" I look around and see Joseph and Louis look at each other. "What?" I question. Louis spoke first. "We... we don't want to leave." I had to pause for a second to let what they said sink in. ' What do they mean they don't want to leave? Why would they want to stay?'

I stood up and looked at all of them with wide eyes."But why would you want to stay? We are trapped, caged like animals! We are under their control! They control what happens to us! Doesn't that scare you?!" My voice slowly started to rise with my frustration at what they said. Zachary sighed and looked at me. "Alexis..." "What's going on out here?" We all looked towards the porch, and there stood Derek, Evan, Axle, and Colin. "Alexis is wanting to plan an escape." Louis blurted out. I quickly turn and snarl at him. He backs up, and in a split second, Derek is in front of him. "Back off," Derek says sternly and disappears with Louis. I turn back around and see them on the porch, along with everyone else.

Derek took a step off of the porch and looked at me with an emotionless face. "So, you want to go back?" He asked in a monotone voice. "Y-yes," I say as I look him in the eye. "And what is it you want to go back to exactly?" There was silence until he spoke again while walking towards me slowly. "Is it the mother who neglected you?" "She was working to provide for me." I quickly defended my mother. "There's no one to provide for if the child is dead from neglect. You see, your mother maybe two months out of every six." I growled and gritted my teeth. "She's been busier than usu-" "Don't give me that shit." He snaps as he steps closer. "She had a responsibility to you to take care of you, and she failed." I looked him dead in the eye and gave a glare that any human would've run from. "She failed, Alexis." But sadly, he wasn't human. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before responding. "I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I'm sixteen- almost seventeen years old. I can take care of myself just fine." I said in a cold, sharp tone.

He advanced further as he responded. "How do you think you made it to sixteen? The only reason you are alive is that your father was alive until you were old enough to survive." "You don't get to talk about my father." I snapped. "Why? He was a good man. Loved his wife, his daughter, he worked to provide for his family and made time for them. He raised you and made sure you stayed alive. Your father-" "I don't need a reminder of how great he was! I know damn well what all he did for me." I could feel the anger in me getting ready to overflow. Colin was getting closer with every sentence, and he was almost in front of me now. "Do you think he'd want you to live like you were? Live with who you were living with? Do you want to go back to the aunt and uncle who abused you? What about their friends who also abused you and raped you?"

"Stop," I said in a whisper as he brought up things I never wanted to talk about again. "Where you were living day to day scared. Wondering if you would go to school with bruises or go to sleep without being violated." "Stop," I said a little louder, but my voice was shaky. "What about the friends in school who only know you when they can see you? That saw you as nothing but this simple little girl who had no clue, but oh how wrong they were. They wouldn't care though, hell, they don't care enough now to even notice how broken you are." "Stop!" I scream and look up from the ground where my eyes were planted. He was right in front of me now, not even a foot away. He leans down a little, looking at me with a deadly serious expression. "What was so fucking amazing that you want to go back to?"

'He was right, but I'd rather have my freedom than being kept, prisoner.' My rage finally spilled, and I pushed him back. "You know what I had? I had freedom! I was my own damn person who could make their own decisions, go wherever they wanted, and do what I damned pleased! I wasn't "owned" or "chosen" my fate was in my own hands, and I knew what I wanted to do with it. Now? Now I'm stuck here with some jackass who thinks he gets to make all the decisions for me and decide what's best for me. As you said earlier, my dad is dead, I don't need another one. I've done fine for four years of my life without him. I'll be fine for the rest of it."

He looked at me with a blank expression as he stayed where I pushed him to. He sighed and shook his head as he ran his hands through his hair. "You don't get it, do you?" He looked up, and I was surprised to see pity in his eyes. "I'm not trying to replace your father Alexis, that was never my intention, to begin with." He stepped back in front of me while keeping eye contact. "I want to show you what it would be like to have the support you lost four years ago. I want you to have people to talk to who actually care about you and have a place where you can know for a hundred percent that you're safe." He reached for me, and I froze for a second.

'Could I really trust him? Could I really rely on someone like I did my family or friends? It's gotten me this shit, so is it really that good of an idea? It's given me abuse and rape and a life full of pain, so is it really something I wanna do again?"

I looked at his hand, coming towards me, and took a step back to avoid it. I look up at him and shake my head. "No. I'm not doing this. You can let me go, or I'll give you hell until you can't stand me. I'll disrupt everything going on here. You want those boys to stay nice and quiet? Let-Me-Go." I kept his gaze without wavering to let him know that my threat wasn't empty. He sighed once again and looked back towards the group. After a second, he looked back at me. "Fine." My eyes went wide. "What?" "I said, fine. You want to leave? Fine, let's go."