Chapter 3

Mana's tale (POV)

'After you sealed your soul, the kingdom started to get back on its feet, the palace was rebuilt, people started to move on...well, some of us tried to. The word spread throughout the land about what occurred here. As predicted, our most bold enemies decided to make a move against the kingdom. Luckily, Seto had started to make plans to secure the kingdom.

'While all of this was going on, I was deep in my studies looking into the spell you had performed. I didn't speak to anybody and I barely left my room. I was determine to actually do something right, for once.

'I also began to study the necklace you gave me before your death. I am sure it wasn't in your memory world, as it was protected by simpler magic. I realized that it was the vessel to your memories. You sealed away every last event of your life in that simple oval shaped, glass necklace and you gave it to me to protect.

'I decided to keep it all a secret. I knew that if I told the Priests and especially Seto, they would want to take it out of my possession. I came to the conclusion that as long as nobody but me knew about it, then I would be able to keep it safe. The necklace was always around my neck, I never took it off.

'So as our enemies planned and spies were being discover throughout the palace, I guarded the necklace. One day I found out, by accident, that if I thought of something specifically the necklace would show me one of your memories. The accident happened in this very garden, I think I was thinking about the day Mahad got bitten by the snake. I hoped that nobody had seen what I did and that I was truly alone in the garden. After that day, I was careful of what I thought about you.

'Unfortunately, my luck had run out. One of the spies of a distant kingdom had also seen what happen and was even showed that piece of memory. Later, we learned that it was one of the few guards that had survived the attack of Zorc and had a very well informed understanding of the Millennium Items, plus of the magic we practice.

'During the time that the guard left and our enemies were knocking on our door, I was able to complete my apprenticeship and pass the trials to become a Priest. I also became the wielder of the Millennium Ring. As the months passed, the kingdom was starting to lose the paranoia of an upcoming attack, even Seto, but boy how we were mistaking.

'Fourteen months after the attack, our enemies had arrived. The enemy came in boats and since we didn't have all the Priests; the Millennium Eye, Scale, Key were without wielder. A few months back, we realized that without the Millennium Pendent, the others magic weren't as strong. So as the enemy invaded the land and we focused our attention on them, the guard had been quietly stealing the Millennium Items from there resting place, that were hidden in different places throughout the kingdom. It wasn't until he was planning into going into your tomb looking for the Pendent that the Necklace decided to show Isis what was going on.

'That's where it all went down. Two miles from the tomb, Seto, Isis and I, were there waiting for him. What we didn't expect was that he was being accompanied by the Nubain's King and the army. They quickly over powered us, but I used Dark Magician Girl to escape. As I stood in front of the entrance, they decided to use Isis and Seto as ransom to get me to submit and to hand over my Millennium Ring plus the glass Necklace you had given me.

'I knew then that he had seen and knew what the necklace was about...

Flashback, outside Atem's Tomb

"Give me the glass necklace." The guard barked out, he was looking at me as though I was Apophis.

"Turkem, how could you have done this?! You've been a palace guard since me and the late Pharaoh were kids!" I yelled back, guarding the tomb as if I was Anubis. Dark Magician Girl was by my side ready to attack any who tried to attack me or to slash the necks of Seto and Isis.