Chapter 12

Mana POV

I couldn't sleep. The pain was excruciating. I tossed and turned, trying to relieve it but was to no avail. Instead, I ended up going through my memmories. The memmories that me and Atem shared. I was overjoyed that he finally remembered our past together and chose to stay. But I was still wondering if I should tell him the truth about my codition. How I came to never be able to bear children... again

Flashback

"How can this be?!" seto screamed, outraged at what he had learned. Shada looked up from examining Mana's frail body, her breathing laboured. "I do not know Pharoah, but we cannot just overlook this. She is carrying the late pharaoh's child."

THey did not know that I was awake and could hear what they were saying. I was carrying Atems child. Emotions rang through me. Joy at having a child. Sorrow as it could never meet Atem. Pain at the loss of Atem. And finally fear. They were going to kill me. They did not know of mine and Atems marriage. They will think this child a bastard and never exept him as the next pharaoh. I don't know what made me think that it was a boy, but when I thought it, I felt a slight flutter in my stomach. Seto and Shada's conversation brought me out of my thoughts. I was stunned at what they were thinking. "We cannot allow this bastard child to live. Mana is the only priest left and does not have the fortitude to be burdened with such a thing" Seto said, walking back and forth. "What do you suggest we do Pharoah, kill the child?" he asked with a sarcastic tone. When Seto just continued to look at him, he stared at the Pharoah with bewilderment. "What?! We cannot kill this child" he exclaimed in outrage. Seto stared at him darkly. "You and I are the only people who know about this child. I want it rid of or the consequences will not be pleasant" he finished turning and walking out of the room.

**********************************************

The next morning when I woke up, I knew that what I had heard last night was not a dream. I kept stroking my stomach wishing I could protect him, but what could I do? If I did try anything I would be killed. At that moment Shada came in with water  and a small vile of a bluish black liquid. He  had a solemn face, as though he knew something terrible but could not do anything to fix it. "Here" he said handing them to me. "You're still very week from the battle and you have been having trouble sleeping lately. I Know that you cared for the late Pharoah and Mahad very much, but it is time that you returned to us and took your place as the last priest." I knew he meant well. I thought of him as a dear friend, but after finding out what he was going to do to my child, I couldn't look him in the eyes. "You are right Shada, it is time that I fulfil my duties." I said opening the vile and drinking all of the liquid down. A look of sorrow plastered itself on Shada's face but was gone just as quickly as it came. He prayed to Ra that He could forgive him for what he has done.

A few hours later.

Shada POV

What have I done? That is all that would go through my head as Mana whimpered in pain as she was taken to the Sekhet-eanach  (Sick Room). AS she  was lain on the stone slab Isis, Mana's new mentor burst through the door "What in the name of Horus  is going on" she yelled. She looked down at Mana and then looked up to me "What has happened to her?"  she looked at me with hard eyes, as if she knew I was responsible. "We do not know Isis. One of the guards said he could here her screaming in pain in her chambers. I have examined her and the only conclusion that I can come up with are internal bleedings in the abdomen and some broken ribs. I asked for you as I was hoping you could confirm it as you have the gift of insight. Also, you are Mana's mentor now and I felt that you should be present here." She grasped my arm in her hand and looked at me in the eyes. "Thank you Shada." She said sincerely that it made my guilt heavier. Isis went over to Mana who was still quietly whimpering. She looked so young and fragile that it almost made me want to come clean about what I had done. Almost.

"Shush my child. Everything will be alright." She began stroking the girls head like a mother would her sick child. Isis placed her hand on the young girls stomach and softly spoke the incantation "مانا وأتيم "فرعون وملكة مصر

A gasp escaped her lips. She let go of Mana and took a step back. "What? What is wrong?" I questioned her, both curious and concerned for Mana. She looked at me a sad look on her face. "Her ovaries are after bursting" she said. I was shocked. The concoction that Pharoah Seto gave to me was only supposed to terminate the featus , not prevent her from ever conceiving again. I looked down at her sleeping form.~ She would never know she had a child and she will never be able to conceive again.

Mana POV

What Isis and Shada did not know was that I was conscious and heard everything they were discussing. I felt my heart shatter into tiny pieces at the thought of never becoming a mother. But what hurt me the most was that the people that I trusted, the people that Prince trusted, had killed that which was most precious to us and we never even got the chance to meet him.

End of Flashback

I had made up my mind. I was going to tell Atem. I was going to tell him everything.