Into the Moonlight

Epilouge

Here I was, some person. I knew they missed me, or was it too much to ask for? My name was Elisa, I was eighteen. My parents, were somewhat dead. Somewhere, long gone. I got over them, even though I missed them truly. I lived alone, in the cold days of the 1950's. Not everyone knew me, they just knew me as the girl whose parent's died of some unexplained virus. So, one day I decided to take a walk alone, at twelve in the morning.

1. Gone with Nothing. . .

I could'nt sleep. No matter what I did. I looked around, the rich, familiar house that my parent's bought with a pile of gold, was now a dirty hell-hole. I then decided to get a couple drinks, in town. I walked slowly. . . I was a little tired, although, my bed was rather the one that kept me alive, and awake. Although, life has shortcuts, you just need to find them, or in some cases, it. So I decided to take a little shortcut, it wouldn't hurt. I walked through trash bins and dripping water pipes. Until i slipped, heels were such a fashion. I looked at my shoes, one heel was broken, I then looked at my hand, a stream of blood poured, dripped its way onto my dress, I was a mess. I knew it. I looked around, no one, I heard a faint noise. I looked around again, no one, nothing. I then got knocked over, my head hit the wall, I felt more blood as I was getting weaker. . . and weaker. "Who's there?" No reply. I looked again and again, although it was pitch-black darkness. I then felt as if something pushed me, no ordinary person could push at that force, I dented into the brick. I was too weak, I tasted my own blood. Salt. It was one way to describe the taste, as if you've lost your tooth. I screamed, so loud, no one heard me. It bit me, so hard, my skin ripped, I felt it, I had no control of this person or thing. I shuddered, my whole body shuddered, I couldn't stop shaking "it" was taking my blood, every last drop off it. I looked at my veins, they buldged, as if they were on fire! i kept screaming, "Wha-! What are you doing to me!? Help me! Help me!" i then heard a voice, a voice of a man, "Sugar. . . Sh. . . No screaming. . . It will all be over soon. . . You taste delightful!" I cried and cried, i tried to push him off, until everything was dark, black. In a rush, of time, i lost my breath, my lungs, they gave in. He quickly dumped me in a trash bin, I saw nothing. . .

2. Heavy Thirst

60 Years Later. . . I looked around, no people. I lived in the Artic, Rhode Island. I blended in, no college, I've moved around the world attending college. I was a vampire. Such a heinous creature. I was frozen, stuck in time, forced to watch the people you love die. I had powers, although, nothing special. Super-speed, invincibility, memory, ageless, and super-strength. I had brunette locks, oak-brown eyes, fair skin, and I made sure to not befriend humans. I lived off of human blood, from blood banks. I only befriended one person, an 200 year-old vampire. His name was Quinnlan. He supplied blood for me, protected me, and he was my roomate. Quinnlan and I weren't interested in each other, we just kept each other alive. We lived in a house, big, broad, in a deserted area. I never drank from any human bodies. The taste, I tried to go for animal blood. It never worked. I gave up on love. I've loved too many, I won't lose my heart. I got up from the rich, leather couch. Quinnlan came home, "Hungry?" "My favorite?" "AB Positive, yes?" "Yay! I love you!" The one good thing about me, is that I had my emotions, when you turn, usually your emotions fade away. "How can you not handle when people. . Y'know. . . Donate? Like while they're donating?" "I think of my children, wife, how I almost killed them. And that's how I handle it." I looked away, I felt sorry, when Quinnlan turned, he almost sucked the life out of his children and wife. I felt bad. He had to leave to be able to give them a good life. "So, what are you doing? Bored around the house?" "Yes, very much." "Go back to school. I trust you, you've had a lot of practice." "Then why am I drinking? I think. . . maybe we should go on an animal diet. It's for the best." "You choose what you want to do, you're 78." "Okay, I think I'll try it, and I'll register, somewhere." "Pretty cold, take some cash from the vault, go shopping, get your I.D., and a car." "Sure thing." "Oh, and Elisa." "Hm?" "Please don't get a car that stands out. You can get us in trouble." "Okay." I didn't know what to get, as a vampire your tastes are picky, I mean, I didn't want people to notice a fifty million car, yet I didn't want people to notice a four-thousand dollar car. So, the next day I woke up, got dressed, and picked up some magazines. I then saw Quinnlan, "I got a surprise for you!" "Huh?" I looked a yellow simple, plain 1955 version of some car was huddled in the snow. "I got it a little pricy, but it's perfect!" "Thanks Quinn." I hugged him and felt his hard body, we were both frozen, like popsicles. He had light, green eyes, fair skin, and kicked-back blonde hair. He had a old-fashion style, he wore the sweaters I bought, plain blue jeans, and sometimes I'd make a scarf or two. "And so now you'll be my uncle?" "Sure, if that's what you want it to be, you know I wasn't that old when I died." "You were thirty-two!" "Twenty-nine, yes! Just kidding, kiddo. now have fun. If you want to hunt, there's some forests in New Hampshire." "Thanks, Uncle Quinn." "Welcome. Now I'll enroll you, and leave you and the car at some mall." "Can I drive?" "Sure." I quickly got in and felt the texture of the old leather. The car was not that beat, it was plain, simple. I smiled and we were off to the nearest mall, well the only mall, in our city of course. The drive was really fast, more like two minutes. "Okay, I'll be in Cali checking up on my super great-grandchildren." "Have fun." He quickly gave me a huge wad of cash, I walked away, into some stores where I tried on cardigans, skinny jeans, and shoes. I made sure I grabbed a lot of jackets, hoodies, gloves, and of course, lingere. I felt no heat, I just reacted to the way everyone else did when it came to weather. I quickly grabbed all my shopping bags and loaded them into the passenger seat. I sped my way to the house, it was almost dinner, Quinnlan was already home. "I've prepared it." i sat down on the island bar and said, "So. . . how was it?" "Kathie, she's pregnant. Olivia, engaged, and Henry. . . just had a boy. To continue the legacy of the De Luca family." "You must be proud." "Very." "Well. . . Maybe you should start a hobby. Like, fishing?" "Everyone here is fishing." I then smiled and said, "I'll be right back." He nodded and I sped with every last ounce of my energy to get a car, the best one, there were only five made, it was beautiful, rare, I didn't even the know the name. So i paid all the money in my pocket for it. and returned it to the house. "Five minutes, impressive." "Yup." "What? Why'd you bring this? Do you know how rare this even is!!!" I smiled and said, "For you, pet it!" Right when he was about to lay a finger on it, I quickly had an adrenaline rush! i quickly popped the hood, unplugged wires, popped holes, pulled out the motor, flattened the tires, scratched the rims, broke the windsheild, and jumped on top of it. Quinnlan was frozen, he didn't move, not even a blink, "What the hell did you do that for!!!" I smiled my beautiful smile and said, "Well, here's your new hobby!" "It's going to take months trying to find those parts! How dare you do this!" I patted his back and returned inside for my drink. "Thought you were on a diet?" "Tommorow, this is just one little last taste." "Please, Elisa." "I promise you." I quickly when back to the grey fleece scarf. "Done, you're welcome!" "Thank you." I stayed up all night, waiting for the next morning. How exciting, I haven't been to school since 1987.