Into The Moonlight, 3-4

3. Beginnings

I didn't know who I wanted to be, maybe some sulken girl, but I knew all around me, people stared. They whispered and laughed and I heard from a far distance that they were impressed. I was like other kids there. I had the looks, the hair, and even the clothes. Although, nothing made me happy. Someone tapped my shoulder, "Are you new?" I looked around, she had glasses, red hair, and her blood was undelightful, I guess she'd already donated. "Yes." I walked away, "Hey wait! Here's our flier for the dance!" "Don't plan on going." "You could be elected Home Coming Queen!" I still walked away, I looked down at my schedule, the usual. I rushed to class, opened the door and heard a murmur. "Hello class, this is our new student, Ms. Elisa Solis, please be kind and offering to her." I looked at him, the teacher, Mr. Harrington. He looked hungry, delighted, I knew what he was. He was a vampire. I hope I didn't look like one, I wanted to blend in and not catch too much attention. I opened up my book and pretended to read, when really, I was sketching. Someone threw a note at me, I didn't pick it up. "Mr. Ferris, please no note throwing. You don't want to hurt anyone." I continued writing, nothing bothered me, until Mr. Harrington said, "Ms. Solis, please retell the phrase in your words, perhaps a summary?" "Kind or gentle, still not quite, you will be gathered and lathered. So basically, Gard wants to make sure his lover will be comfortable, although, she is not quite." "Yes, thank you." Everyone looked at me because it seemed I wasn't even paying attention. Class ended. So did the three other periods. It was time for lunch. I looked around, everyone had cliques and tables. I decided to grab juice and a sandwhich, and sit in a corner. Someone walked up to me, "Seat taken?" "Yes." He then decided to sit down anyway, "So, where you from?" "A place." "Great, great. Well, I'm in the Military program here." I looked straight at him, his eyes, something struck me hard, harder than a lightning bolt. He had eyes bluer than anything i've ever seen. I've seen this person before, or his grandfather. It was the end of war, I was still a vamp, I had fallen in love with a young Private in the Army. I never tasted his blood, he didn't even know I was one. But one night, I had decided to spend my life with him, to bite, his precious young skin. Although, I couldn't do it, I left him, it was for his own good. Later on, I saw that he had five children, a beautiful wife. A better life. That life was supposed to be mine. He looked at me and said, "Are you coming to Home Coming?" "No." "Why not?" "I don't dance." "Oh sure you do! I'm pretty sure!" "No." I walked away from the table, leaving the sandwhich and juice behind. I looked at all their necks, although, I controlled it, it was as if you wanted steak and you were so hungry, although, I was filled. Later on that day, I went home and found Quinnlan looking upset. "What's wrong?" "The Blood Bank, not much are donating." "Why?" "Well, we're loosing our supply, not because of me, we have some very 'urgent' customers." "What do you need me to do?" "Elisa, I don't want to ask you this but, just stay away from the Blood Bank. You need to be safe." "And so do you." "No, I'm safe, I'm just worried, some vamp will come and steal all the blood. They'll have an inspection. I'll be off work." "And without work, there's no blood!" "And without blood." "But! How would you know!?" "Some blood is dissapearing, no one stronger than me, just a couple of young." "You mean. . . . There are new vampires!!!???" "I'm afraid so. . ." I looked around and said, "Well . . . How about we just quit blood. Stop drinking it, and just drink animal blood." "I will go on the diet for you. I will." "Then let's go hunting!"

4. Meet the Teacher

I walked around class, not too satisfied about animal blood. Although, it was blood. I sat in my seat near the corner, in a deep dark corner. I started drawing Mr. Harrington, his fair skin, blue eyes, brown hair. I saw no band on his finger, and girls eyeing him all over the place. Although, since vampires are picky about their mates, I'm pretty sure he would go for someone his age. "Ms. Solis, please see me after class." The whole class "ooed" and I just continued sketching. the bell rang, I walked up to him, "I need to alert you." "Homework? Classwork?" "Elisa, you make it obvious you're a vampire. It's okay, I survive off animal blood." "What are you talking about?" "There are some young vampires in town, looking for a bite." "You know? . . . . How?" "Your actions, mood, you don't want people near you, and you're my temperature." He felt my hand and I said, "Young? Like who created them?" "We don't know. I'd like to meet Mr. Quinnlan De Luca." "Yeah, I can set up a meeting, but why? Are there others in this school?" "No." "Um. . . . May I ask how you turned?" "About 150 years ago, The Gold Rush. I was panning for gold, until a met a beautiful, peculiar, woman. She needed help, she had gotten stuck in quick sand. But she just really needed food." I patted his back, "We all go through the pain." "Just becareful." "I will. Thank you. Oh , , , One more thing, what blood do you drink?" "Animal."i nodded, I was fullfilled and ready to meet these young vampires.