29. THE DEVIL'S KNIGHT (A Dialogue)

Trance: I am the devil's knight. I killed them all. I made them commit suicide.

Detective Mona: How did you actually 'make' them want to commit suicide, Trance?

Trance: I had help from the devil...

Detective Mona: Are you sure?

Trance: Yes. They all deserve it. Trudy... she lied to me. She told everyone I'm gay. Then, people started to bully me. They poured paint in my locker, threw food at me, at worst they hit me and kicked me. They bad-mouthed me. They made me feel worthless. They made me feel down. They deserve to die.... Peter, Noah, Andy, Justin, and Anthony... Those are the five that raped me and beat me until I get into a coma. I lied to you when I said I didn't remember. I remember everything clearly in my head.

Detective Mona: Why did you lie, Trance?

Trance: The devil told me to lie. He said I need to get back at them myself and that you can't help me get back to them the way he can help me get back to them. He can make them suffer. He can make them die brutally. And he's right. He kept all his promises.

Detective Mona: Who is the devil, Trance?

Trance: The devil is the devil. You can't know who he is... for he does not exist in your eyes. You see, I trade my soul for a wish. And my wish is to have them all dead. Now they're dead and he's going to come and get me. He'll come for me. I know he will. I belong to him. I belong to the devil. I'm his knight.

֍֎֍

Trance's parents can see him from the other side of the glass of the interrogation room. They cry non-stop watching Trance's behavior. He seems to no longer be the kid they knew. It was like Trance had become someone else. A cruel, irrational person... Someone who thinks that killing people is okay and necessary.... They feel very sad at Trance's transformation. They wished they were there for him.

Detective Mona promised them that she'll sort things out for them. She said that Trance needs to see a psychologist because he seems to suffer from Post-Traumatic Disorder that resulted in Bipolar and leads to Dissociative Identity Disorder. For the night, Trance will be locked up in a cell until he meets with the psychologist on the morrow. What can be concluded by them is that Trance had gone insane.