Chapter 2- Here We Go Again

It had been two weeks since Hadley first came to the hospital with the infection. She stayed that first night and then her foster mother picked her up the following morning. Arizona had assumed Hadley had gotten the antibiotics and was doing better as she told Mr. Christi to make a follow-up appointment if her symptoms had continued.

It was half past six and Arizona's shift was almost over. She couldn't wait to go home and take a shower and relax with her wife, who had the day off. She had two more cases left for the day. Picking up the iPad she selected her next patient's chart. It was Tommy, a boy who had come in with chest pain frequently. But as she was headed towards Tommy's room her pager went off. She put back the iPad and headed towards the ER.

"Karev whats-" Arizona tried asking but stopped as she saw the patient in front of her. It was Hadley. The little girl was curled up in a ball on the bed. Arizona looked around for a second to ask her parents if they had given her the medication, but she didn't see them anywhere.

"Alex where are her parents?"

"Her father stepped into the hallway to take a work call after bringing her in."

Arizona stepped around to the other side of the bed and kneeled down so Hadley could see her.

"Hadley, what hurts?"

"My back and tummy!" The five-year-old whimpered.

Arizona turned to Alex. Alex pointed towards the door and started to get Hadley to a room upstairs.

Arizona went to the hall to find Mr. Christi, but he was nowhere to be found. She checked another hallway and another. She couldn't find him anywhere. She even had a nurse page him over the intercom and nothing. He wasn't there.

Sorry, this chapter is so short, but I plan on updating at least once more tonight if not twice. Please leave a comment!
-me_you_and_the_world