Chapter 14

Jade's POV

        Two weeks away was enough for me to feel a little bit better about my situation. For my weeks away, I stayed in a resort in Pennsylvania. The environment was so beautiful, enough to make my thoughts focus on what was in front of me and not what was in New York. I had dinner in a different restaurant each night, so they wouldn't feel sorry for me being alone. I went to the theatres and saw a new act each night. It was those moments that made me better, stronger and healthier.

  I didn't think about him or the fact that I was pregnant with his baby.

  In all my years of living and learning about love, never have I ever thought I would fall in love with someone and they would break my heart so bad that it's beyond repair.

   I should hate him, I should really hate him, but I can't. My heart and memories just weren't allowing me to hate. He was great most of the times we spent together.

     Even though thinking about him was just too much for me to handle, I couldn't help it. Knowing that we'll never be together, knowing that he only sees me as an incubator for his baby. It kills me.
Knowing that I'll never have him touch me again.

  Stop! Stop!

  He hurt you, he broke you.

  But I still love him, so very much.

   Having a heartbreak doesn't stop something you from thinking about what could have happened, but It makes you sad because all the things that aren't going to.

    It's funny when I was away for two weeks none of these thoughts came to my mind but now since I've been back I couldn't avoid them. Everything reminded me of him. Maybe I should have stayed away from a little while longer, enough time to get over him.

    I sigh, I was about to take up the Tv remote when the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone at least not until later and Cassie was a door knocker. I stood up from the couch and made my way to the door. I open the door to see the object my thoughts and affection. I was speechless, I had no idea what to say to him. My emotions were all over the place.
  I wanted to be happy to see him, yet I wanted to hate him too.

"Hi," he was the first to break the silence.

"Hi," I said, sounding weird to myself. I never expected to see him until I gave birth. I told him I didn't want to see yet here he was.

Why was he here?

     "We need to talk. Can I come in?" I considered how to answer him carefully. He wasn't asking for anything. He just wants to talk. Let the guy talk for goodness's sake's, he deserves to explain himself. Without answering I opened the door wider for him to enter. Normally when a guess came over I would offer them a drink, but he didn't deserve anything from me especially since he managed to break my heart and slander my name in one sentence.

   He took a seat on the couch I was in a few minutes ago. I walked over to the single sofa and sat down facing him.

   I tried to make my eyes go everywhere else but on him, because I knew he was looking at me, I could feel it.

      "I'm sorry," his voices got my attention immediately. I couldn't help but look at him. "I'm sorry," he repeated. We were both looking at each other.

    Looking into his eyes I made me want to believe him. Made me want to believe that he was truly sorry.

    "It was never my intention to hurt you. When I was speaking to Lenard about you I never thought about it, I was just saying what I think I needed to be said. I'm sorry. I don't think of you as a whore, you're not. You're beautiful, friendly and genuine. I never meant what I said I was angry, angry that you have to stop our relationship. You're right, it was never so us to continue having but I didn't want to stop. I couldn't stop, all I wanted to be was you. I'm sorry. I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. I want to be apart of my child's life. This is very important for me. My father was never there when I need him. I don't want that for my child." He paused and look at me. "We made a deal. You'd make me be a part of his life."

    "You are going to be a part of his life,"

    "That's not what you said in your letter. You said you wouldn't call me until the baby is born."

    "I was angry. Do you have any idea how it feels to be treated the way you treated me? No, you don't, you were born with a gold spoon in your mouth. You're the type of man who just hurts people and never consider the feeling of the other person."

He stayed silent. Maybe I shouldn't have said so much but I couldn't help expressing how I was really feeling. I wouldn't understand my pain.

   "You're right, I am a rich bastard but I'm trying. I'm very sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry, please forgive me." Looking in his eyes I could see that his plea whose forgiveness was sincere but I don't know.

"I can try to forgive you but it's not going to be easy."

"Forgiving someone who hurt you is never easy but please consider it. It would be easier if you could forgive me, it would be better for the baby to have two cooperating parents." He was right. The baby needs two parents who are willing to forgive and forget what happened in the past.

We will not tire our baby in the middle of our disagreement.

"I'll try."

He stayed silent.

"Are you done?" I didn't want it to sound that mean.

"No, since you're pregnant you'll have to follow the contract and move to 'The Skyrise'."

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. 'The Skyrise'

  "What are you talking about?"

"The contract stated that once you are pregnant you will move to condominium and in that way you'll be closer to me."

"I never knew that."

"That's because you didn't read it." He was right, I didn't read it. I just signed my name.

Stupid me!

I guess I trusted him enough to just sign the paper.

"Is there anything else that I need to know about?" I inquired.

"Why don't you read it for yourself and see what exactly it's saying." He stated. He was right, I should have never ignored an important contract.

I sigh.

He looked at his watch. "I have to go now but I'll send a team to come and help you back tomorrow. Tomorrow night you'll be in a better environment to raise a child. I'm sorry for hurting you." With that, he left.

He apologized, and it seemed like a sincere one. He wanted to be apart from his child's life and there was no way I'll stand in the way of my child's future. Even though I loved him the thought of him hurting me would never go away. He wanted to be there for our unborn child. He didn't specify in what ways but he wanted to be there and that was all that matter.