1 - Return to The Past

Jin Ru Xue opened her eyes, feeling unbelievable that she could still be alive after consuming that poison. The Emperor and Hua Tien Lan would never summoned a royal physician for her, how could she got the antidote. Then, she finally noticed her surrounding, it wasn't her room in the imperial palace. But, she felt familiar with it. When she saw the fragrance pouch at her bed cover, she immediately sat up. She reached out her hand to grabbed it, but paused when she saw her hand. The jade bracelet on her hand was something she wore all the time before she was married to Hu Wang. It was a gift from her late maternal grandmother, to pray for her peaceful and carefree life. But since she decided to fight for the favor of her husband, she had put it off and sealed in a box, buried in the soil of Hu Wang Manor, caused she never had the right to wear it ever again. Then, why was this bracelet on her hand again. She return her gaze to the fragrance pouch. With shaking hands, she released the pouch from it's knot. As she took a closer look at the embroidery, it was indeed the one her fifth younger sister made for her. But this green color one was the one that was made ten years ago.

"Third Miss, are you awake?" a voice came from the door.

Jin Ru Xue stiffened, she recognized this voice, it's belonged to Ting Xiang, who had served her since Jin Ru Xue was seven and Ting Xiang was ten herself. But, She had Ting Xiang married off to a silk fabric businessman before she entered the palace, how could Ting Xiang been here now.

"Come in!" Jin Ru Xue called out calmly despite her confused mind. She walked to in front of the bronze mirror and shocked by what she saw. She touched her own face. "This...!" The girl in the mirror, look around fifteen or sixteen. She touched the back of her head, which should have a scar when she knocked on the table three days after she entered the imperial palace when she was arguing with one of the royal concubines. But she found nothing, there was no scar what so ever.

She heard the door opened, and a maid servant around eighteen to twenty years old came in with a basin of water. "Are you excited, Miss?" Ting Xiang asked after putting the basin down at the table and went to tidy up the bed. When she heard no respond, she turned around to face her master paled face. She immediately became frantic. "Miss, are you okay? Where are you hurt? I will go call for a physician!"

Jin Ru Xue caught her arm before she when she wanted to lift her skirt and ran to the find the housekeeper. "Miss?"

"Ting Xiang, what year is it now? Who is The Emperor?"

"It's currently twenty seventh year of Feng Leng, The Emperor is His Majesty Long Feng. Miss, don't scare me! What happened to you?" Ting Xiang cried. Her Miss was very happy yesterday, how could this morning she was like her whole life had ended.

Twenty years of Leng Feng. I am really back to ten years in the past. Jin Ru Xue thought in her heart.

"Miss, don't scare me like this! Today is your coming on age's day, you should be happy with glowing blush, not pale like a dead person." Ting Xiang's cry got louder.

"Ting Xiang, today is Xue er's big day, you are not allow to say death word! My child what happened to you?" a lady around her thirties in pink luxury clothing came in, she scold Ting Xiang, but when she saw Jin Ru Xue's pale face she also got scared.

Jin Ru Xue immediately hugged her and called out, "Mom!" and cried.

The lady, Li Yu Lu, Jin Ru Xue's mother was shocked when she was hugged. She didn't know what happen, but since she was ten, Jin Ru Xue had keeping distance from herself. She thought it was that she had felt she had grown up and didn't want to be spoiled anymore. However, today her daughter hugged her. It had been years, she could finally hugged her again. The Prime Minister's wife cried too.