4 - The Tree Under The Moon

After awhile, everyone finally gathered at the north garden of the palace, men and women were seated on different side. As the family of Prime Minister, Li Yu Lu and her daughters sat near the head table where the royal family would sit. The Emperor and his family hadn't arrived yet, so everyone took the chance to talk among themselves.

Jin Ru Xue left her mother and sisters to gather with her friends. They went to a pavilion not far from the banquet hall.

"I thought you are going to wear blue again, Xue er?" Fan Wei Jia said.

The other girls nodded, while Jin Ru Xue smiled wryly. "I don't like blue anymore." she told her friends with a bright smile.

Six pairs of widened big round eyes stared at her in astonishment.

"WHAT?! How could you give up on Seventh Prince?" Qu Xue Qing exclaimed.

"Yes, other than you, who are more suitable to become his princess consort? Nobody! You should keep pushing forward!" Wei Fei Ling added.

"Why should I? Will both of us gain happiness if I force him to accept me? It would just be temporarily sweetness on my part and whole life bitterness for the rest of our life. So I decided to let go and allow him to pick whoever he want."

"But, there is no one that Seventh Imperial Cousin interested in right now." Wei Fei Ling said.

"Indeed. But he will. Very soon he will find someone that means to be with him." Jin Ru Xue stated firmly. Hua Tien Lan's brother, Hua Tien Xu would be appointed as the new general in Spring and she would arrive at the Capital in Summer. Seventh Prince would meet her at The Empress' birthday banquet at Fourth Month. Last life, Jin Ru Xue and Xu Feng Leng had been married by the end of Tenth Month, so when he finally met Hua Tien Lan, he was torn a part. Even if they wanted to be united, as the general's sister, Hua Tien Lan shouldn't accept the grievance of becoming a concubine. So they waited for years and Xu Feng Leng immediately summoned her in to the imperial palace as the imperial consort a year after he ascended the throne, cause he need to mourn for The Late Emperor for a year.

Her friends tilted their heads and stared at her with confusion clear in their eyes and faces.

"Why did you say that? There isn't any girl among the noble family within marriageable age that can earn as much as a glance from him. He also didn't care about the younger ones. Who else can he choose?" Wei Fei Ling spoke out her confusion.

Jin Ru Xue just smiled and the other girls turned to each other, speechless.

"All of you are so quite today." a sweet voice said from the entrance of the pavilion after a long silence.

The girls turned their eyes to the owner of the voice and saw a girl around nineteen twenty years old in green palace clothes smiled at them.

"Eldest Imperial Cousin!" Jin Ru Xue shouted and rushed toward the girl to hug her. "Sister Bing er, you are bad. You didn't come to my coming of age ceremony. How are you going to make it up for me?!"

"Hahaha... Yes, it's my fault. I am sorry, but I had my own reason. Tell me what do you want." Xu Feng Bing patted Jin Ru Xue's head.

"I want you to be my second sister in law." Jin Ru Xue held Xu Feng Bing's hand and said with a big smile.

Xu Feng Bing's cheeks immediately blushed crimson red, "Xue er, you... How could you say that!?" she brushed off Jin Ru Xue's hand and used her sleeve to hide her face.

The girls and palace maids giggled at the princess' shy behavior. Everyone knew of Jin Ru Ding's intention to marry the First Princess.

"Hehehe... Second Brother should be back when spring come. I guarantee he would ask your hand in marriage as the reward. So as your punishment, you are not allow to decline no matter what! That's final! Or I won't acknowledge you ever again." despite her teasing tone, Jin Ru Xue's eyes were serious. In past life Jin Ru Ding did ask for the First Princess' hand of marriage, but the person herself had rejected him. Since then Jin Ru Xue's second brother lost his motivation and never went on any war ever again, which disappointing many people including the Jins and Emperor. Later on, after Xu Feng Leng ascended the throne, everyone found out, the princess was threatened by Imperial Noble Consort Yun, because Second Princess also set her eyes on Jin Ru Ding. They had poisoned Six Prince at winter and he would died at the end of spring if he didn't take the antidote by then. Xu Feng Bing exchanged her happiness for her blood brother's life. When Jin Ru Ding knew about this, he finally understand. But, due to his stubbornness, he refused to pursue Xu Feng Bing again and both of them hadn't married when Jin Ru Xue died, despite their mutual affection toward each other. Jin Ru Xue would make sure her second brother got to marry the love of his life this time.