2 - The Marriage was Successfully Rejected

Imperial Palace, in The Emperor's study.

"This subject greet Your Majesty, The Emperor long life!" Jin Lin Tian went down on knees to greet The Emperor.

"Prime Minister Jin, rise!" His Majesty said from his seat behind the desk.

"Thank you to Your Majesty!" Jin Lin Tian rose up.

"So, what is her reply?" The Emperor immediately asked.

Jin Lian Tian had already got used to The Emperor straight to the point way in talking. So he answered solemnly, "She said no!"

The Emperor, who was leaning on the chair and had a relax expression, suddenly stood up and shouted, "WHAT??" he stared at Jin Lin Tian, "You say it once again!" His carefree manner earlier was vanished without trance.

"My daughter said she didn't want to marry Seventh Prince!" Jin Lin Tian repeated calmly, not affected by The Emperor's change of mood at all.

His Majesty hit the desk with his palm, "WHAT A BIG COURAGE! MY LENG ER EXPERT IN LITERARY AND MILITARY, HE NEVER LOST EVEN ONCE TO YOUR FIRST SON. HIS LOOK IS ONE OF MOST GOOD LOOKING IN THIS CAPITAL CITY OR EVEN IN THIS ENTIRE EARTH. PEOPLE RANKED HIM AS NUMBER ONE MOST QUALIFIED HUSBAND TO WED. AND YOUR THIRD GIRL DARE TO SAY SHE DOESN'T WANT TO MARRY HIM! WHICH PART OF HIM COULDN'T MATCH HER?! YOU TELL ME, JIN LIN TIAN!"

Eunuch Rong at The Emperor's side immediately knelt down, "Your Majesty, please calm down!" he looked at Jin Lin Tian from the corner of his eyes, This Prime Minister really have a big gut. His Majesty is this mad, but he still can stand there like they are having very harmonious conversation.

After hearing His trusted eunuch's words, The Emperor huffed and flipped his sleeves before sitting down.

Jin Lin Tian finally spoke out, "The problem isn't His Highness Seventh Prince's reputation, Your Majesty!" He fist his hand respectfully toward His Majesty.

"Then what!" His Majesty said unhappily.

"Your Majesty, can You guarantee after my daughter marry to Seventh Prince, she won't face an life threatening situation?" Jin Lin Tian raised his head to look at The Emperor straight in the eyes.

His Majesty was speechless. He never thought this would be the reason.

Jin Lin Tian continued, "As Your Majesty's most doted son, His Highness have the closest distance to The Dragon Seat. Any tribulation or assasination he have to face, would they not be deathly? Since she is not willing to face these trials with him, This Subject also would not force her."

"She said that?" The Emperor asked in bewilderment.

"She also said Seventh Prince need a girl who can support her fully as his legitimate wife. And she, other than her status as Prime Minister's daughter, there is nothing else she can provide. Your Majesty should find his match from the generals' families."

The Emperor fell in to deep thought. Eunuch Rong retreated to the side while Jin Lin Tian just stood there without moving.

After an hour of silent, His Majesty sighed. "If she really doesn't want to, then let's just forget it. But, Prime Minister Jin, you have raised a good daughter. She just turned fifteen but already this wise, such a rare girl!"

Just before Jin Lin Tian want to thank him, The Emperor added, "However," Jin Lin Tian raised his head, "if Leng er ask Me to grant his marriage with your third daughter, I won't reject his request. So if I ever give out a decree for their marriage, you have to know it's only possible if he have feeling for her. When that happen, no matter what, your third daughter have to accept this match."