7.11.17

"Elle, a gazelle."
"Lee, a flea."
"Rose, a nose."

Class 7B were in music class, warming up their vocal cords by rhyming. To be honest, most of them were awful. I cringed internally. Over my years as being a music teacher, I have now got the ability to not cringe. I watch Elle. She has some talent, I guess. Rose, not a hope. But, I can't get one without the other, so . . . you know , I'll just leave them.

Ten years pass . . .

Elle's twenty-three now. A convicted murderer. I could've prevented that. After that fateful day ten years ago, I have constantly regretted not bringing her to a singing performance. I could've prevented the imprisonment of her. And the murder of Rose. They had a falling out, and, Elle didn't take it well. She decided that the only way to deal with it was to murder Rose, amd take my darling daughter Delphi with her. Rose used Delphi as a shield. Delphi didn't want or have any part in it. Delphi was just Elle's second best friend. She never, i repeat, never wanted a part in this.

I sigh. Music lost its fun for me, as soon as Delphi died. I might as well quit. Go back to university and start again. Maybe this time, I could teach art.

The wind is blowing
A tractor loudly whirring
Weeds killing roses.

Dead purple flowers
Grey clouds on the horizon
Bold telephone pole

Bro emptying boot
Wearing an ugly green shirt
Muddy blue gum boots