❀ prologue

'when i first saw you,
it was very different'

• • • • • • •

jaemi huffed in annoyance. she looks at the empty shoe rack blankly that was situated outside of her class. her shoes are missing from her sight and she knew who was behind all of this.

it was literally the second time this week and it's barely wednesday. her shoes had been stolen again.

sometime's she'd wonder, out of all things, why would they steal shoes? i get that it's winter season,

oh wait.

that's why.

"look's like i'm gonna walk in socks, freezing and probably die on the way." she mumbles sarcastically under her breath. thankfully, there are only a few students in school since she came out of class late. her classmates were lazy to do those type of things and instead, they made her do class duties all by herself. everyday.

she held the straps of her bag and took quick steps to the bus stop. some people gave her a looks of pity, some were snickering. scratch that, most of them were making fun of her. "damned people." she commented, mentally rolled her eyes and continue her walk to the bus stop.

finally after holding in the uncomfortable feeling engulfing her, the sight of the bus stop landed upon her eyes. she quickly sat on a vacant seat, leaning her head against the pole.

she was in pure bliss as soon as she sat down. the walk down the bumpy sidewalk is not a pretty great experience.

"you did great today socks." she curled up her toes which made the cat graphic on her socks stretch a bit.

it sucks that those are her favourite pair of socks but she doesn't want to take it off either. the weather's cold and her feet would freeze and get awful cramps.

the bus haven't arrived yet but it'll arrive anytime soon. she was in hope that the bus would come earlier, her surroundings is getting more and more uncomfortable.

jaemi absolutely disliked the weather, especially at situations like this. plus, she didn't want that cute blonde guy across the place she was sitting to notice her pathetic presence. humiliating! she cursed in her head.

"hey," someone said, and she believed it was pointed at her. she saw a hand pointing at her beaten up cats socks.

"cool socks." a deep voice spoke out. she finally had the guts to look up. and oh boy, she didn't expect it was the first time the blonde haired she eyed not too long ago, actually initiated a conversation with her. and at most times, it just had to be today.