❀ two

FELIX stopped at a convenience store nearby to buy something

FELIX stopped at a convenience store nearby to buy something. school had just ended and he had a few money with him. instead of spending the money by going to the arcade with his friends late at night, he made use of his money with a good reason.

thankfully, there are still a few socks left on the shelve. he made sure that he picked the right socks for her because eversince her shoes keeps getting lost, her socks gets dirty everytime. ( although he told her to take off her socks but she doesn't want to because it's cold )

and also since she's his friend and felix being a good friend he is, bought something that is worth his pocket money.

he picked up a pair of cute animal printed socks and another two cat printed socks from the shelves. "this should do it." he told to himself, paying the socks at the counter.

"are these yours felix-ah?" The cashier, mrs. kwon who is supposed to be the owner of the store asked him. she was in her late 60's but her smile never seems to fade off when it comes to greeting the customers.

she asked him while placing the socks in the plastic bag. he took it from her hands politely and shoved it in his backpack.

felix laughed and shook his head. "it's for my friend, she needs it for the cold weather."

"so your friend is a she? are you sure she's a friend and not your girlfriend?" mrs. kwon teased him and he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

after sharing some quite awkward but not so awkward conversation with mrs. kwon, felix headed to the bus stop waiting for the bus and also her.

"felix!" a voice called out. he turned his head to see jaemi smiling brightly and waving at him. he waved back and his eyes trailed to her feet. now, it's barefoot.

"okay before that, where are your socks?" he stood up and held her shoulders. her smile faded and she looked away and bite her lower lip, "they stole it again." the moment she was being responsible and took off her socks— so that it doesn't get dirty — in the end, she put her socks in her shoes that's bound to get stolen. and it did get stolen along with the socks.

felix could only sigh, running his hand through his dark locks. "alright i'll have this fixed." he took out the transparent plastic bag from his backpack and also one of the socks.

"sit down." he told her and she obeyed. he crouched down and wore the socks for her and it fits both of her feet perfectly. jaemi, on the other hand was confused and flustered at the same time.

"i don't want your feet to freeze." he smiled. his smile is one of her weakness, his eye smile is another thing too. she stared at him too long, it almost feels like she's drowning in his dark eyes.

"thank you." she whispered, turning into her shy self. he chuckled and crouched, his back facing her.

"hop on, the bus is coming soon."

the bus ride was quiet, but not too quiet. her soft snores made his lips twitch into a smile effortlessly. he carefully laid her head on his shoulder, mumbling in a hushed tone.

"i don't want to be selfish but—" he paused and pushed a stray hair behind her ears.

"i want us to stay like this - forever."