❀ six

JAEMI knocked on the door for the ward she was told to go to. her eyes were immediately fixated on felix who was still sleeping soundly. "he always had me worried of him." she muttered to herself, relieved that he looks fine to her.

so about earlier, she managed to crawl out of her toilet and rummage through her cupboard to find a lucky pad. as soon as she found it, she cheered for somewhat a few minutes before changing quickly and ran to the hospital.. which she realised that she was still wearing cats printed pyjama pants; and she had to run back to her house and change again.

not forgetting to bring the extra food that she cooked for dinner; since she absolutely had forgotten that she's alone and also she packed food because felix's friend texted her after the call that she should bring home cooked food. she knew that he absolutely dislike bland hospital food; i mean who even likes hospital food?

she sat on the seat next to the bed and hugged her jacket around her body tightly. she shivers when the air conditioner hits the back of her neck.

jaemi looked back to the boy who was lying on the bed, sleeping comfortably on the white mattress. the room reeks of strong medicines and she tried to block it out by burying her face in her palms.

suddenly, without herself knowing, a soft material laid on top of her head and she was startled as she was dozing off by the smell. she pulled the piece of clothing which turns out to be a red hoodie and saw him smiling down to her.

"baby girl," he spoke out, poking her right cheek while giggling weakly.

"you're seriously sick, felix." she rolled her eyes playfully from his teasing stare, playing with the strings of his hoodie.

her eyes met with his's when she glanced at him only for a second and as soon as she does, he locked eyes wih her while flashing a cheeky smile.

"you're blushing." he cooed, taking her hand in his in a slick manner.

"nope!" she protested, bravely facing him. he leaned in foward and in just a blink of an eye, he's just in front of her. "are you sure you're not?" he tilted his head to the left, raising his brow.

she gulped, looking at him straight in the eyes. he did the same, but his eyes trailed down from her dark brown eyes down to her lips. felix unknowingly licked his chapped lips and made her gulp nervously.

slowly, he leaned in and closed the few inches gap in between them and fluttered his eyes closed. only their uneven breaths were heard.

she just stayed there, frozen and not knowing what to do. she forcefully closed her eyes after fighting with herself and after a moment, she felt a soft touch on her forehead.

jaemi opened her eyes, suprised by his actions. he chuckled and patted her cheek softly but she was quick enough to slap it away.

her face was tinted red, the tip of her ears were burning as a she looked away from him.

"i can't believe you," she flushed red in embarrassment when he did that.

"jaemi-ah," he called out. she didn't bother to look at him."jaemi-yahhh," he called out, almost sounded like he was pouting and he poked her cheek playfully.

"what." she snapped out and he was taken aback. but his look of concern turned into a smug grin. "oh so you want to kiss me huh?"

"shut up and eat," she puffed out her cheeks, a habit if her's when she's embarrassed, and shoved the food container she packed earlier to him.

she was still looking away, and he took the container from her hands. his expression softened at the sight of the food container in his hands. "so you cooked these?"

"i know you hated hospital food, so i cooked them." she told him, shrugging but still looking away.

"thank you for the food," he started digging in and savouring every bite. without himself knowing, jaemi glanced at him while he was eating. man, it's like he hadn't eaten for days, she pitied at her sight.

"have you even eaten anything before your class?" she asked while raising her eyebrow at him. the latter shook his head, munching on the rice he had shoved in his mouth.

"i didn't have any appetite," he said. but his eyes says otherwise as he avoided her contact.

felix never skipped meals, he even had four meals a day so it's really rare to see him not to have any appetite. she recalled back the times they had lunch in the cafeteria together. he would bring food anywhere he goes, he must eat, he said. but lee felix not having an appetite? that's a whole lot of mystery.

what had really happened to him?