Chapter 9

Pidge POV

I ran past Shiro with tears running down my face. "Why" is all I can think, "why does it have to be me?" Once I got to my room I locked the door behind me. I throw myself onto my bed with tears streaming down my face.

Before Matt, Shiro, and Dad went missing I had a crush on Shiro. I abandoned my feelings. I only wanted to see my family again. When we found Shiro I could barely hold my excitement of seeing him again, but I soon realized that Matt an Dad was nowhere in sight. When we heard what Shiro did to protect my brother. I was ecstatic to know, to ingnight my hope into a powerful flame, that they were alive.

Then I realized something Matt was the only person Lotor showed. Lotor knows to save the best card but wouldn't Matt be his ace not my father. What happened to my Father and brother? Where is my father? Would he tell me what happened to him, to them? Where they were? I know they were once in a camp but now? I just hope he's safe.

I hear them outside my door. The voices of my teammates. Though some in the background talking trying to think rationally about everything. Some pleading for me to come outside. They only voice missing was our captions. I want to go to my lion but I won't get past them. Lotor most likely made sure none of the Paladins leave without him knowing.

An idea popped in my head. "The Lions come to us when we need them too. So if I can get to an exit I can get to her." with that thought I get dressed into my uniform. Once I'm dressed I hear everyone start to leave. The pleads have stopped as soon as I stopped crying. I open my laptop and check the surveillance system. Almost everyone is gone except Keith and Lance who are getting up. I quickly check the rest on the cameras to see where everyone else is. Hunk is in the kitchen, Allura and Coran are in the control room, and Shiro is nowhere to be found. Now the coast is clear.

I peek out my door and make my way to my lion with no one in sight I, sprint towards my lion. I get there before anyone sees me. Once I enter the deck I run over to my lion and she lets me in. "hey girl" I say while petting my lion.
"I should give you a name how about Ivy or Prasine...or Midori. Did your other palidian give you a name? What was it?" she pured when I said Midori "So Midori then"

Suddenly a voice booms from the other side of the room. Shiro. I turn to see him his eyes a puffy red from probably from crying, like mine. He walk towards Midori and I telling me to get out and how this is not the answer. He assumes I'm running away, isn't he. Takashi I thought you know me better than that. How could I run away from my family? Not just Matt but the other Palidians. This ship is home to me, not earth but here in the galaxy with my friends. There is no other place I'd rather be...well under normal circumstances. I speak through my head set "I'm not getting out Shiro, don't worry I'm not going anywhere."
"pidge please get out of there"
"Shiro I'm not getting out, plus I told you I'm not going anywhere"
"look I know I may not be the best person for you to be talking to right now, but you need to get out of your lion"
"I told you I'm not leaving Midori"
"who's Midori"
"my lion"
"...pidge please just get out of your lion and go back to the main rooms"
"it's Midori and I told you no"
"find I get someone else to tall to you. You obviously don't want to speak to me" with that Shiro turned and walked out of the hanger. Hunk soon came in and tried to bribe me with food. I still didn't leave my lion.

~time skip to when everyone is asleep~

I leave Midori for the night. I head to my room to sleep. Thankfully everyone is already in bed. I made it to my room completely undetected. I plop down on my bed and drifted off to sleep. Tommorow is the start of a new adventure, and hopefully not my last.

Hello all you lovely people!! I hope you enjoyed chapter 9! Sorry for no post last week. By the way Midori is green in Japanese. What's Pidges New adventure? Who will she be with? Hopefully there will be less tears! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Please comment and vote.