Chapter 3: Reunited

Hello my lovelies! It's Thanksgiving break, as we all know, which means I have the time to write another chapter for you! Consider it a Thanksgiving or Black Friday gift! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Love you all! Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

-TMNTNinjagoLover

Shimmer's POV:

We spotted the Bounty as the sun was beginning its daily climb heavenward. As I gazed upon the old, decked-out ship, my heart leapt into my throat and not because I was nervous. The Bounty was laying in the dirt, slightly tilted to the side. It looked as though it had been that way for a while.

My face fell along with my stomach as we neared the aged boat's hull. Both Cole and Jay looked back at me, as I had fallen behind in my shocked state; With sad looks they noted my crestfallen expression.

"It's been that way for a while." Cole spoke up, a sad twinge present in his voice.

"Morro's to blame." added Jay. "I'm slowly working on fixing her up with Nya's help."

I nodded slowly in understanding, not trusting my voice to speak. I wondered how the aged ship had ended up like this. How had Morro done this?

Lost in thought, I hadn't noticed that we had arrived. Hanging from the railing of the ship was a small rope ladder lightly bumping against the hull of the ship in the breeze. The ladder ended at chest level, in other words, claiming one's footing on the first rung proved to be a challenge as I was inexperienced in such activities. Jay went up first followed by Cole and finally myself.

Nya immediately enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug upon spotting me and Zane, Kai, and Sensei Wu all ran over, noticing the commotion Nya was making. Hugs and greetings were exchanged. The family was together again, all but one, which lead me to my question, "Where is Lloyd?"

Sensei Wu's POV:

I knew it was only a matter of time before Shimmer asked the big question. Lloyd hasn't been doing well since Shimmer supposedly passed away. He became depressed and withdrawn, locking himself in Shimmer's old room. He only emerged to train once a day, eat, use the restroom, and in major emergencies. Day-in and day-out, his quiet sobs could be heard through the thin doors.

I decided to answer the expectantly waiting Shimmer with such a rundown of his state of mind and well-being. "I'm sure he will be alright once he sees you in person. He has missed you a great deal." I added to finish off my explanation. "Would someone be willing to fetch Lloyd for such a happy occasion?"

Shimmer's POV:

Hearing that Lloyd had fallen victim to such depression saddened me greatly. My heart broke for him.

"Would someone be willing to fetch Lloyd for such a happy occasion?" I heard Sensei Wu ask through my foggy thoughts. Upon hearing this, my heart leapt into my throat with excitement; I was finally going to get to see Lloyd!

Kai's POV:

"I'll go." I offered. Seeing Lloyd in such a state killed me inside. We all blamed ourselves for Shimmer's death, but here she is, alive and well. It's time to get Lloyd out of his gloomy funk.

I made my way to Shimmer's old room, knowing Lloyd would be concealed within that room.

"Lloyd...?" I asked. No answer. "Lloyd?" I asked a little more forcefully. I heard him groan lightly before a disinterested "what" resounded from within the room.

"Lloyd, it's time to come out of your emo corner. We've got a surprise for you." I answered, grinning at my own witty comment.

"Don't care." came the answer.

"You're gonna be eating those words when you see what it is, Lloyd!" I fired back, annoyed now.

"I'm not interested, Kai! What about that don't you understand?!" Raged an angry green ninja as he ripped the door to Shimmer's room open. It was just the opening I was looking for. Grabbing him firmly by the elbow, I took off in a dead sprint towards the deck, dragging Lloyd behind me as I went, him protesting the whole way.

Once we reached the top of the stairs to the deck, I released Lloyd's elbow and pointed to Shimmer as he looked at me confused. After a moment recognition hit and let me tell you, his expression was priceless; his face lit up like a little boy's on Christmas morning.

My work here is done.

Lloyd's POV:

I went from relatively aggravated to bursting with joy as the figure of the person Kai was pointing out registered in my brain. I was overcome with emotion and could no longer contain myself.

"SHIMMER!!!" I called, tears stinging my eyes as I sprinted across the deck to her. I watched through bleary eyes as she whirled around only to be overtaken by my tight hug as I launched myself into her arms.

Shimmer's POV:

"SHIMMER!!!" The yell split the air not five minutes after Kai's disappearance below deck to fetch Lloyd. I'd recognize that shout anywhere!

I whipped around only to be greeted with a smothering hug from Lloyd. His left hand buried itself in my long, brown locks while his right hand was splayed wide in the middle of my back, pulling me deeper into his embrace as he sobbed into my left shoulder. My arms were all but immobilized as he hugged me. I managed to wrap my arms around his waist, well, the parts of my arms that weren't completely forced to remain stationary.

His tears soaked through my gi which i was still wearing from when i had been taken by that portal back to the cursed realm. He commenced to dig his fingers into the fabric of my gi as he cried harder.

"I...I missed you...so much! You've been...gone for six months, you know!" Lloyd managed to choke out through his tears.

'Wait...six months?! Tell me he DIDN'T just say SIX MONTHS!!' I looked around the group with wide eyes, silently asking if what he said was true. From my place looking over Lloyd's shoulder, I watched everyone silently nod in answer to my unspoken question. I was horrified at the length of my absence.

Lloyd finally pulled away and wiped his eyes before looking at me. "Where were you?! And where did that come from?!" Lloyd managed to strangle out, pointing to my neck as he pulled away slightly.

"I was trying to get to another portal out of the cursed realm. I didn't know I had been gone for so long. It only felt like a few hours to me. I woke up at one point to find myself there and immediately set off to find a way out." I answered honestly. Lloyd nodded in a way that said, 'okay, I believe you and I forgive you.'

"And the necklace?" he asked again.

"Oh, this?" I replied, taking hold of the pendant in a loose fist. "Let me tell you a story..." It's time they know the whole story.