Chapter 7: Jolts and Flames With a Side of Giggles

Well, hello, loves. It has been ever so long since I've updated, but an unobstructed opportunity to write another chapter has presented itself today; so I'm taking the chance to write again. I did warn you: slow updates. Without further ado, I present to you chapter number seven. Enjoy, loves. 

P.S. This will be funny...I hope.

-TMNTNinjagoLover

Shimmer's POV:

I rose early the next morning, hoping to catch practice with the guys. It had been so long since my last practice with them.

Quickly changing out of my pajamas, which had been left on the ship, and into my gi, I made my way to the main deck of the Bounty.

I was surprised to as I emerged from below deck. I had fully expected the guys to be training; however, expecting such a thing was apparently expecting too much. Rather than training, they were goofing off. Laughter occasionally emanated from the group as something funny was done or said. 

I couldn't help cracking a smile while I moved in their direction, unbeknownst to them, as I watched Kai accidentally catch his toe on the wood of the deck, causing him to face-plant into the unforgiving planks. Cackles of laughter ripped through the group; Jay even collapsed in a fit of giggles as he called out a strangled "I'm gonna pee!"

Kai slowly rose from the deck, humiliated. Deciding to relieve Kai of his embarrassment, I crept towards the group and jabbed my pointer-fingers into the sensitive sides of, the now sitting, Jay. Jay leapt to his feet and whirled around, accompanied by a particularly girly scream. As if that wasn't enough to incur laughter, not but a moment later, Jay's hair suddenly burst to life, humming with sizzles and pops of electricity. His hair had gone from neat and styled to electric afro.

The rest of the group doubled over laughing and held their stomachs as Jay ran for cover, no doubt to the bathroom  to wet down and restyle his hair. Hopefully, avoiding electric shock in the process.

Though the others were laughing, I grew concerned. I had felt strange immediately after touching Jay. I had this strange feeling that I had caused what just happened to Jay.

Pushing away those ridiculous thought, I high-fived Kai's outstretched hand simultaneously as his eyebrows suddenly exploded in flame.

He shrieked, wildly batting at his eyebrows, flailing this way and that, causing the others to laugh even harder.

Now, I know that wasn't a coincidence. Feeling a warm sensation on my collarbone, I glanced down, noticing the strange glow radiating from the pendant that hung there. I stared at it curiously, silently asking what just happened, and then I heard it. I heard the soft voice of my mother echo within the walls of my mind as she explained away my confusion.

Her voice rang clearly in my ears, "My child, you wield the light which includes the elements that create it. Fire and lightning are two such elements and are yours to control. Use the pendant to guide you as you learn the art of wielding both elements."

Now it made sense! What I had thought was an illusion given off by the pendant, was real! The fire and lightning within the sun pendant were real. This is what mother had meant when she said it would guide me.

Upon reaching such a conclusion, I silently slipped away from the group. Making my way back to my room and locking the door behind me, I proceeded to try to create both elements.

After a couple of hours, I was skillfully twirling the elements around my fingers. I had succeeded in creating them at will, but there was still much to learn and practice. I continued to practice in private for much of the day.

Sorry its so short! It is sort of an introductory chapter... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little update.