8.

I was put down outside, realizing whoever grabbed me just took the exit no one else thought to take. I didn't even care to see who grabbed me as I quickly tried to open the door to get back in, just to be yanked back. I looked up, tears still running down my eyes as my eyes met Jose's. I took him in as his breathing was hard and his mouth was busted so blood was trickling out of from the side of his mouth.

"My brother!" I cried out.

"He a grown ass man, he can handle himself" he sounded as if he was out of breath as he held onto his side.

I shook my head, "no, there was shooting!" I yelled as I turned back towards the door, only to realize we were locked out.

"He was the one who shot." He breathed out, "go the fuck home Johanna, stop being so fucking stupid all the time."

I looked at him, as I used the back of my hand to wipe some of the tears falling down my face. He started walking off as he held onto his side. My phone started ringing, causing me to tear my eyes away from him. I saw Yuri calling, I let it go to voicemail realizing I had seven missed calls from her and five from my brother, clarifying that he was indeed okay.

"Why?" I yelled out as I started walking towards Jose. "Why did you stop me? Why did you carry me out?" Tears were still falling that I couldn't stop as I now stood in front of him, blocking his path of walking. I didn't understand why he cared to save me. "Why Jose?" I screamed out, I pushed him, and then pushed his arm off of his side and in that instance I realized one of the bullets hit him, his black shirt covered it well but his hand was full of blood.

I widened my eyes in shock, "Jose," I whispered out. I reached out where the wound was and he quickly smacked my hand away. "Move, I'm fine."

"No you're not." I quickly retorted.

His phone started ringing and he quickly answered, telling whoever it was exactly where he was as he moved to the right of me where I was no longer blocking his path. He finished his call then started directing his conversation towards me without looking my way. "Bullets don't have names on them, and you were the only dumbass going towards the shooting instead of away from it. That's why I fucking grabbed you. No telling if he was going to keep shooting." He stopped, turning to look at me, "you can't save everybody. Keep trying to do that shit, it's going to get you killed."

My phone started ringing again, this time I answered as I️ watched him walk away and listened to Yuri go crazy on the other line.

--

I was in the car with my brother as he headed to Isabel's, I thought it was the dumbest idea ever to be going into her neighborhood after he let off bullets at her party and the fact that one of them hit Jose. I knew niggas would be gunning for him, so I opted to ride with him. Apparently Isabel was the one who even let him get in with the gun, making me think she really was holding some type of loyalty to my brother. But also making me realize how stupid she was. However she was mad at him for a few days, ignoring his calls and all that but apparently he made his way back into her good graces. We pulled up to her house carefully checking the surroundings before getting out the car, he called and let her know we were there so she could have the door unlocked.

We quickly got out making our way into her house, she was all smiles when we walked in. I carefully took in the surroundings making sure she wasn't trying to set us up, my brother grabbed her hand making his way to her room. Isabel pulled away, "Joel, that's rude." She said flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes, not caring. "Man," he started, "she the one that wanted to roll. That ain't stopping what I came here for."

Isabel smiled at me, "your brother is too much."

I nodded my head, "He is, but I'm fine, go ahead."