16.

"Jo you good?" Quez asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked towards him as he sat beside me with an arm behind my chair.

We were currently on a double date with Yuri and her new boo, Mikel. I got suckered into this as Yuri purposely asked us to go with them while we were just kicking it at my house, I didn't want to rain on Quez's parade after he excitedly said yeah before I even had time to process the question. However I told myself I would make the most of this, I mean I had a crush on this man forever and he had no problem claiming me. The complete opposite from the man that unfortunately held my interest.

I smiled, nodding my head as I placed a piece of hair behind my ear. I brought myself back into the conversation as everyone was discussing baby names which I was clueless to as why.

I brought my eyebrows in as Yuri threw a question at me "ain't Chicago a stupid name for a child?"

"It's creative," Mikel added in. "You don't know nobody named Chicago."

"That's because nobody in their right mind would name a child that." She continued.

I chuckled, "I mean a celebrity did name one of their children Apple."

"Only rich mothafuckas can get away with that." Quez laughed, "those kids got they parents to go off. People gon' know who their parents are and won't give a fuck bout they name, that's why they can do that shit. Can't no regular ass person name their child Chicago or Apple."

Everyone nodded in agreement as the subject changed; our food came to the table interrupting conversation and causing everyone to put their eyes on the person dropping off the food. In the same instance I saw Jose walk in with Melissa.  I quickly averted my gaze to the plate in front of me, glancing up just to see where they were being seated as the hostess headed towards our area.

I hadn't talked to Jose since I stayed with him almost two weeks ago, after the conversation we honestly didn't say much to each other. He cooked breakfast the next morning and tried to make conversation but I felt some type of way and couldn't shake it that easily so I left as soon as I could. And seeing him now just further pissed me off, especially seeing him with her, the same girl he told me he wasn't talking to. But it was the pot calling the kettle black because here I was with Quez as well.

They were seated in a booth nearby, her back to us as he faced us. I purposely tried to keep my gaze on my food and the people at the table, planning to just ignore he was there.

"This bitch." Quez said under his breath, I looked at him, following his gaze that landed on Jose whose eyes were dead on us. I quickly averted my gaze seeing that everyone at the table was looking that way trying to figure out who Quez was talking about.

Yuri smacked her teeth, "fuck that nigga. We here eating just like that nigga here to eat. Fuck that other shit."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I got you though if some shit pop off." Mikel added in. Yuri rolled her eyes, "ain't no shit about to pop off."

I looked back over towards Jose's table as I saw a shift in his posture, he now sat more on guard as I watched Melissa try to look back without being obvious. I rolled my eyes at her failed attempt.

Quez chuckled, "what?" I asked as I stuffed a fork full of food in my mouth. He picked up his drink taking a sip from it, "I saw that eye roll, let me find out you gang gang for your boy."

I laughed at how clueless he was, this shit had nothing to do with him. "We been TTG" Yuri said with a smile. Quez laughed, "we know your hood ass TTG but you know Jo bougie ass be iffy with the shit."

"Cause I don't have time for the bullshit, y'all used to be on dumb shit." Yuri laughed, "hell yeah, trying to fight niggas over starburst."

"Exactly," I added in, "not TTG for stupid shit like that."