Chapter 1

A/N: HI GUYS <3 I didn't do a author's note last chapter, just because... ANYWAYS, we're going to title the next several chapters "Theoric can just suck it" because he's in them A LOT and since we know he's a dirty-rotten liar... yeah we don't like him, but we want Sigyn to be happy and she is with him?? Whatever. But don't worry, Loki will pop up soon but you all will have to be patient! Just to inform you, this book gets dark, fast. I will obviously put trigger warnings as needed.

This novel picks up about five months after the Epilogue. It seems to start out slow.. but didn't you guys learn the last time that I'm like a roller coaster that slowly takes you towards your favorite things and JUST when you're in reach, I rip them away and send you hurtling downwards into a giant pool of feels????? 

Obviously not because here you are preparing to read Book 2. Haha! Now, time to begin our journey... as always, enjoy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“How does it look?”

Sigyn twirled in place, her elegant white dress swaying back and forth around her body. The sleeves slid off her shoulders slightly as the top crisscrossed over her chest with a designed fabric bringing it snug about her waist. Just below that, about mid-thigh, the dress cascading off her body in ruffles flowing every which way. 

Véar, who had been silently gazing at her, let a smile spread across her face. 

“It should be a wonder that Theoric will be able to keep his hands off of you during the ceremony!” 

The two laughed and let it fill the room, not caring who they disturbed, even if it were the entire palace. The two had grown closer over the past few months, with Eir retiring; Véar had become head healer while Sigyn took on her Véar’s former role. With the wedding but a month away, Sigyn had felt slightly overwhelmed as of late with all the preparations that still needed to be carried out. 

The blonde sighed, gazing at her beautiful figure in the mirror. It was strange to think that only eight months ago that she had been locked away in an Asgardian prison. It seemed so long ago that she traded in sleeping curled up on the floor of the cell for sleeping in the large chair by the fire. 

Originally, she had thought she had conquered her fear of sleeping in Loki’s bed as she had done it numerous times while he slept in the chair. But after his death, she couldn’t bring herself to lie in his bed, not without him watching over her. She told herself it would be better when she and Theoric were at last wed and would share one room. Loki’s room would be locked up until a later use, a chilling reminder that though they all boasted to be immortal, they truly weren’t. 

“I must attend to a few duties around the palace, my brother wishes for you to be at the Bifrost within the hour, Hogun has injured his shoulder once more and needs attention. Will you be able to tend to him on your own?” Véar reminding both of them that they had duties to fulfill and that day could not be filled with daydreams and dress up; no matter how much more appealing it was.

“Yes of course, I will see you for dinner?”

Véar nodded with a smile and dipped her head in respect as she took her leave. 

“I think the dress is quite beautiful on you my Lady.”

It was then that Sigyn was reminded that she was not alone in the chambers. Eméra, her chambermaid, came behind the blonde and began to untie the dress and undo the pins that would seamstress would fix later. The chambermaid came shortly after she accepted Theoric’s proposal. At first, she had refused the idea of a chambermaid simply because she was not of nobility, not to mention she found the idea of someone waiting on her hand and foot a bit unsettling. Of course it also didn’t go unnoticed that she used to be Loki’s chambermaid, been though she had only been a young girl at the time. Nevertheless, the two had grown close, not as close as she and Véar but fairly close. The girl had soft brunette hair in an intricate braided updo with a small headband. Her eyes were a shimmering brown, much darker than one might imagine but the suited her well.