My Heartless Clan, The Grim Reapers

I knew, I was dreaming because never in my right mind would I go sky diving. In this scene, I was in a helicopter, fully strapped, getting ready to jump. I was terrified, but before I could take the leap of death; the scene changed; I was wearing my normal gothic looking clothes. I was standing on a forestry road. It looked creepy. The road curved by the end. I started moving forward without even thinking about it. It felt like something was pulling me to go further. I felt like there was something there waiting for me, something important. The feeling was so strong that I started running, but it felt like the further I went, the longer the road stretched. I started to panic, my heart beating fast. I had to get there. I had to see what was waiting for me there. I was getting closer; I could see the shape of a house at the end. I started to run with all my might getting even closer; I could fully see the structure and size of the house. I started breathing heavily, relief shadowing behind my mind. I was SO close. Suddenly, someone shook my sleeping body harshly. I instantly woke up, gasping in surprise. The disappointment and longing flowed strongly within me. My eyes were wide when I stared up to my ceiling. I took deep breaths to control myself. I couldn’t shake off the anger. I sat up and turned my head to the right. I glared at the short, blonde hair girl. She smirked when she saw the anger in my eyes. I had a strong urge to punch her, but I looked away from her to compose myself. Once I felt in total control, I looked back at her. I wore my poker face.

“What do you want?” I said in a lifeless voice.

She folded her arms and flipped her hair, the smirk still intact. That always annoyed the hell out of me when she did that; I tried not to growl.

“We are expecting IMPORTANT guests in ten minutes so get dressed and look presentable.” She stressed the word important. She dropped her hands to the side then walked out of my room. Once she closed the door; I sighed heavily. I lay back down on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I hate my clan. They are so cold and soulless. I mean a little kindness won’t hurt anyone, although, I sorta understood why we need to be heartless creatures because we are grim reapers. We are usually assigned our victims. We would follow them around until their deaths play out then we show up with our grim reaper self, taking their souls for judgment. There are some incidents when some grim reapers got soft on the job and extended the victims lives, which was a death sentence for those grim reapers. We, grim reapers, have a queen. Her name is Elsa. Everyone has to address her as Queen Elsa. I personally hate the Queen. She is such a bitch. She is the perfect definition and image of cold and heartless. She always has a blank expression; she doesn’t even think twice when it comes to slaughtering one of our members. Gosh, she disgusts me in so many levels. I felt like she was corrupting our clan. We’re supposed to stay hidden and wait till fate plays out, but miss “I am not very patient” Queen Elsa literally kicks fate in the butt and hurries up the process. We have killed so many people whose time wasn’t even up yet. They still had years to live. I frowned at my ceiling. I tried so many times to be cold hearted, to turn a blind eye towards the injustice Queen Elsa was doing, but I couldn’t. I could feel the souls I’ve taken wrongfully, mourning. I always-no I craved- to get out of here, but the only way to do that was to challenge the Queen and let her kneel before you. I can’t possibly do that because I am not as strong as her and I’ll probably hesitate since supposing I have a heart. I pouted. Oh whatever, I’ll come up with a strategy. I got up and quickly dressed for the occasion. I wore my favorite red and black checkered top with my black jeans and checkered sneakers. I wore my hair down which I always do. I came out of my room and went straight to the conference room. I was late. I knew I was because I was the last to enter. Queen Elsa gave me one of her disapproving look. She was seated on her throne like seat. I looked away from her and leaned casually on the wall and folded my arms. She cleared her throat to get our attention. Everyone looked at her, but me. I continued to stare at the big father time clock.

 “In just a few seconds, we will be receiving some very important guests. I am expecting you all to be in your best behavior.” Her eyes lingered on me then looked back at the door. “They are coming here to ask a favor of us and whatever they request, we shall grant it.” She said this with such authority in her voice that made it clear we could not disobey. This infuriated me. She always forces her people to do the things she wants. One of the grim reapers biggest advantages is our will to compel our victims. Sometimes our victims become difficult; like they don’t want to accept they are dead. They don’t want to let go etcetera, etcetera, so to make things easier for us, we compel them. It’s quite easy to do; we just need to look them in the eye or touch them, our grim reaper beauty is so trustworthy looking, makes it easier to play with their minds. The Queen is more powerful with this. She doesn’t need to look at you or touch you; she just needs to put it in her tone and words. Sometimes it doesn’t work on me, but I pretend like it does. I don’t want her to mistrust me any further. There was a light knock on the door. There was a hint of excitement in the Queens eyes which she quickly dismissed. These visitors must really be important because that was the first time I saw any emotion from the Queen even if it was just for a short time. She gestured to the boy standing by the door to open it. When he did, I felt my mouth fall open and my eyes widen when I saw who our visitors were. No doubt the three men who stepped in were the famous Volturi.