Our Orders

After the Volturi left, the Queen sat back on her throne. I knew what was coming next, our orders. She stared at the door again, all her little emotions vanishing.

“Dominique, Leila, Anthony.” The three of them instantly appeared in front of her, one knee on the floor and their heads down. Psshh, I found that pathetic, she deserved no respect. She looked at all three of them.

“Three of you will help this Maria woman prepare her army. You will make her army strong enough to bring the coven down.” She layered her commands with compulsion.  The three of them shuddered as the compulsion settled in their mind.

“Yes, My Queen.” They answered in unison then disappeared.

“Casey, Mia, Lucy.” The three of them appeared instantly again and positioned themselves the same way the three before did.

“You three shall fool the Cullen’s; you will go to them and pretend to be on their side. Let them feel at ease. Watch their preparation for the war and inform us, also inform the three who is with Maria.”

“Yes, My Queen.” They answered in unison again. They disappeared to their destination. I started to feel uncomfortable. I didn’t want to do this. Fate has nothing to do with this. I like to follow the rules, but the RIGHT rules. Queen Elsa is going really over board with this. There was something weird going on. I have the answer, but it’s not coming up in full view just yet.

“Xavier, Luke, Amy…..Helena.” she strained a little saying my name. I was surprised that she was even involving me in this, but I guess I was more advanced and experienced as the others. The first three instantly appeared in front of her, doing the same position as the ones before. I straightened up from my pose and walked slowly towards her. When I was in front of her, I just stood there, folding my arms. She knows that I hate kneeling in front of my superiors, specifically her. I was waiting for her to FORCE me to kneel, but she only glared then looked away.

“You four will stay here, if you are needed, you shall assist. You will compel the ones that Aro wants in his coven. You shall do as I say.” she layered these commands extra thick with compulsion for my benefit. The three gave a harsh shudder and slumped a little. The compulsion was too much for them. I tensed, I could feel it. The compulsion felt like ooze going up to my body to my brain. I used all my internal strength to push the compulsion away. It was already in my hands. I felt like I was fighting with air, but eventually the oozing sensation stopped right by my wrist. I can see Queen Elsa was watching me to see if it worked. Better I put on a show, so I won’t get in trouble. I looked her straight in the eyes and choked out “Yes, My Queen”. Her eyes showed satisfaction. She looked back at the door behind us.

“The rest of you will do your daily tasks, as well as the duties of the others.”

Everyone nodded. “Go back to your rooms and rest.” Sheesh she even compelled that. I tried not to glare at her; I was still standing in front of her. I put my arms down and turned around. I started to walk slowly to my room. I felt dead tired, hopefully no disturbing dream tonight or morning. I felt someone was following, I sighed heavily. I was already out of the conference room. I stopped walking and turned around, already frowning. Luke was the one following me. He is my best friend. He and I always get into trouble, but he always followed Queen Elsa’s commands. I like Luke, he is like a brother, I always wanted temporarily. He was grinning at me. He stopped right in front of me. A hint of mischief in his eyes, I glared at him. I know he is as tired as me, so this means he wants to give me some crappy advice. He passed a hand through his stylish messy brown hair; looking a bit uncomfortable; Yep, definitely a crappy advice.

“Hey red” he said sheepishly. Red was an annoying nickname he came up for me because I always blushed when I did something embarrassing or when someone embarrassed me. He was trying to be casual about this. Someone sent him to do this. I sighed again. I was really on the verge of becoming violent. If I don’t have enough sleep, I get a bit cranky.

“Just cut the crap and spill it out Luke. I am really tired.” I made sure to pour out enough acid in my tone. He laughed at me. For some reason, he loves it when I’m angry. I had to clench my teeth from growling. He pursed his lips when he saw the anger in my eyes and then sighed in defeat.

“Okay, calm down red. I’m just here to tell you to behave. You need to show a little respect for our Queen. I don’t want you to get into trouble. You’ll get nowhere if you continue.” He paused, waiting for me to say something. I just stayed quiet. I really didn’t want to argue.

“So anyway, that is what I’m supposed to tell you. I’m serious though, stop getting into trouble the Queen knows what’s best for us.” That pushed me to my limits. I hated when people said that. They are so messed up in the brain that they don’t see the wrong in all of this. They are so blind. I bit my tongue. I can’t say anything, if I did, everybody would be able to hear me. I just gave him a stiff nod. He knew that too so he just smiled apologetically and walked away. I watched him go back in the conference room then I turned and walked quickly back into my room.