The Volturi's Request

The Volturi were the higher ups for all vampires, well so they think. They looked the same as usual, pale skin, little beautiful and bright crimson eyes. I composed myself quickly. I did not like the Volturi one bit. They were hypocrites, mostly Aro and Caius. My first encounter with them was not pretty, but a little amusing. Aro looked like he would break dance when he saw how powerful we were. He tested our strength, which he regretted when we killed one of his guards. We didn’t even move a muscle. I mean you can’t beat death, we are the most strongest thing out there—well I hope. Aro was smiling widely when he saw Queen Elsa. He came up first, a woman behind him. His two brothers followed slowly. I sort of liked Marcus. He really didn’t want to be there, but he didn’t have a choice. He always looked bored out of his mind. Caius is on my number one hit list. He is a perfect match for Queen Elsa. They brought five guards with them, including the famous Jane and Alec. I smirked when I saw Jane. She’s always so cocky because she felt untouchable with her little ability. I can’t forget the day when she tried that on me. I repelled it and made her feel what she wanted me to feel. Alec wanted to jump in, but he thought twice about it and just asked me nicely to stop. All of them wore their usual blank expressions, well except for Aro. He held out his hand for Queen Elsa, She took it. She tried to smile kindly at him, but the smile looked unbalance, strained. Aro looked disappointed for a while, but he quickly replaced it with amusement.

“Well, I see my talent still has no effect on you.” He laughed, his tone reflecting the amusement in his eyes. “It’s so great to see you again Queen Elsa. You look as lovely as ever.” Aro always spoke like he knew you from way back. It was annoying. I know perfectly that he disliked when a group is stronger than his coven, because he knows he can’t do anything about it. Queen Elsa still held her unbalanced smile in place. She got up and moved aside, she gestured Aro to sit. Aro eyes brightened, he let go of her hand and took her place on her throne. He looked so pleased. He clearly enjoyed the mimic of being in power. He laughed lightly.

“Well this sure feels exquisite! I truly feel like a king!” He grinned at Queen Elsa. “You always look so elegant when you sit here my lovely queen Elsa, how do I look?” he raised an eyebrow, mocking the wariness. Queen Elsa chuckled-well sort of, it sounded like she was coughing.

“My dear Aro you seem more elegant than I. It suites you well.”

Queen Elsa’s response pleased him. He laughed again. I was getting really tired. I just wanted him to get to the point. It’s 2 in the morning. Regular Grim Reapers are dreaming about souls and stuff. I let out a soft sigh. Aro seemed to hear it and he turned his head to my direction. His eyes instantly turned excited.

“Helena! What a pleasure to see you again! You are as beautiful as I remember!” he grinned at me, I gave him a stiff smile. He was such a liar. At the corner of my eye, I could see Jane tense. She turned her head slowly to my direction glared at me. I stared back at her and smirked. I’m hoping she’ll want to try her little ability on me again so I gave her a taunting look. Her expression was hilarious; she bared her teeth at me and growled. She looked like a baby tiger. She seemed like she was ready to pounce, but Alec placed his hand on her shoulder. She froze then she looked at him, he shook his head. I glared at Alec. He is such a party pooper. He completely ignored me and looked back at Aro. Jane took a deep breath and stared pointedly ahead, ignoring me too. I had to grin. The little confrontation was enough to gain everyone’s attention. I placed my poker face again and stared back at the father time clock. I forgot that Aro was still looking at me, until he laughed. I turned to look at him, still wearing my poker face. He grinned at me.

“You feel invincible with your powers don’t you.” his tone implied that it wasn’t a question. He seemed very amused and happy. He gave me the creeps. Caius stepped forward, frowning, giving me an escape from Aro’s fake appraisal.

“Aro, we don’t have enough time. Please tell them our request.” Caius sounded annoyed. I gave Aro a side-long glance to see his expression. He acted like Caius did not speak and just casually focused back on Queen Elsa. He seemed a bit unsure. Queen Elsa placed her hand lightly on his hand.

“Don’t worry, they are very loyal. You can tell us your request and we shall comply without hesitation.”

Aro smiled and patted her hand with his other one. He took a deep breath and began.

“There is this coven that is giving a lot of trouble. They have gotten too strong for us to put to justice. It saddens me greatly to go to this extreme, but it has to be done. They have broken too many rules now and always finding some loophole to keep from being punished. The leader of the coven was once one of my good friends. His name is Carlisle Cullen.” He paused, probably waiting for us to digest that down. He looked quite upset, like this really pained him, but I knew better. Aro hates being the second powerful. He gives these type of people two choices-one: you can join him and help him rule the vampire world or two: die. He knew he can’t take us down so he made an alliance with us, well with the Queen, looks like this Cullen family wants nothing to do with them, so technically they chose option two. The Queen squeezed his hand softly.

“Continue my dear Aro. Tell us how we can put a stop to this disobeying clan.”

Aro smiled and a hint of triumph showed into his eyes. He looked at everyone in the room, getting serious, I think.

“I came to you all because you are the only ones who can bring justice. I know the consequences that erupt when you take the souls of victims’ whose lives are not supposed to be taken before hand so I have asked a favor of a woman whose name is Maria who lives in the south. She will bring war to the Cullen’s. I asked this of her because the Cullen’s will re-group their friends that stood by them twenty years ago.” A low hiss escaped from Queen Elsa. I thought she was exaggerating a little.

“They wanted to start a war with you?” Queen Elsa asked disgust in her tone. Aro was saddened by the reminder. He looked down.

“They would do anything from looking wicked in the eyes of others. They have started to corrupt the other vampires.”

Queen Elsa shook her head in disapproval.

“My dear Aro, leave it to us. We shall bring down this sadistic coven. Tell us about them so we can take down the strongest opponents.”

Aro smiled at her appreciatively. By the corner of my eyes I could see Caius smiling widely. They were the sadistic bastards.

“The coven has grown during the years. There were nine of them; also they have united with werewolves, specifically shape shifters. Four more members have joined this coven. Out of the four only one has a unique ability, the strongest opponents would be Edward Cullen, he is a mind reader; he can read your thoughts from afar. Bella Cullen is his mate, she is a shield. She can protect the minds of others. Alice can see the future. The new addition to the family, Bertha, can command nature to damage anyone. She can let a vine decapitate you. They are truly strong, but not as strong as you grim reapers.” He smiled proudly at us. It felt like he was our father who is proud of us for winning a baseball game. I rolled my eyes. Queen Elsa nodded.

“Yes they are no match for us. We shall do what you request. You will not be disappointed.” Queen Elsa’s tone was filled with promise and determination.

Aro touched her cheek, his eyes grateful. “Thank you my dear.” He got up from the throne. “Well I better be going now. Have a lovely morning my little ones.” He smiled at all of us then walked out of the conference room, his little group following behind.