eleven; killer hangover

Mary tipped her head back as she parked her car out front of the trailer, swallowing back more medication to try and rid herself of the dull ache in her head that was granted to her from drinking too much cheep beer

            Taking the keys out the car, Mary got out, her still slightly damp boots sinking into the mud before suddenly the door to the trailer was being flung open and her father stormed out, "Where the hell have you been?" He yelled, the cigarette in his mouth bopping up and down.

            Mary rubbed at her temple with one hand, holding up the other one as she squeezed her eyes shut, "Not so loud," She mumbled as Jim stormed down to where she stood, his hands on his hips and neck red from high blood pressure, "My heads about to explode." She stated.

            Jim pointed his finger at his daughter, "You're going to wish it explodes once I'm doing with you! Where the hell have you been? I've been up all night!" He shouted and Mary stared at him blankly, her brows pulled downwards.

             "What? Steve's. You knew that, we spoke about it last night —"

           "Yeah, I also remember saying that I wanted you home by el-ev-en!" Jim was yelling again, putting emphasis on the time he had wanted her home at and Mary groaned, throwing her head back in realisation, "Yeah, that's right. You suddenly remember? I have been worried about you all night!" He continued to shout.

          "Dad, I was at Steve's," Mary stated flatly, "It got pretty late and I didn't want to drive home so I just stayed." She said with a shrug but Jim laughed in disbelief, knowing his daughter better than her lies.

             "Meaning, you drank way too much and passed out, right?" Mary looked away, sliding her hands into her back pockets, "Answer me, Mary!" He suddenly yelled again, making her head snap back up to him, tears burning in her eyes.

            "You really wanna know the juicy details, dad?" She asked him bitterly, walking closer, "Charlie dumped me last night! So sure, you were right, he was a douchebag all along! Are you happy? Are you satisfied?" She rushed out bitterly and Jim stared at her with his mouth open before he sighed.

            He shifted the weight between his feet, "Mary, I stayed up all night — all night," He said as she stared straight ahead, "You could have called. I could have came to get you, I could have —"

            "Comforted me? Please, you and I both know you don't know how to do that." She said before pushing by him and heading into the trailer, slamming the door shut and leaving her father outside with nothing but the cold and the dying out cigarette in his hand.

            Mary stormed to her room, taking a moment to look at the polaroids of her and Charlie before she shook her head, grabbing them from the wall and pulling them off before throwing them to the floor.