Chapter 5

Marlee and I got back to the academy to see Jewel, resting on Mike. He looked at us and smiled.

"Hey you two. How was it?" Marlee replied

"Eh, wasn't too bad, but y'know. Octolings are a pain in the behind. Luckily we only saw 4." Mike chuckled, patting Jewel's head, and replied

"Ours wasn't too bad either, Jewel's been improving." The inkling sighed. "I dunno what I'd ever do without Jewel. She's my little floof." It seemed Mike was like a brother to Jewel, protecting her at all costs. I thought of a nice idea.

"Hey, we could all group up and play turf war tomorrow." Mike replied.

"Yeah, I don't think any of us have shifts tomorrow!" Jewel snuggled closer to Mike, bringing a smile to his face. I turned to Marlee and spoke

"You can stay and talk to Mike, I'm gonna go tell the others about the turf war."

"Alright." Marlee sat down with Mike and Jewel. As I headed off to find the others.

I stopped at Marcus' room, I heard yells from inside. 'Sqwawee!' 'Woomy!' 'Nyges!' I opened the door to see Marcus, Callie, Blitz and Kitty all playing Inkling kart. Callie looked at me.

"Oh, hey Erik!" The others gave a wave.

"Hey guys, wanna join in a turf war tomorrow with the others?"

"Sounds nice!" Blitz replied.

"Yeah." Kitty agreed, Callie and Marcus just nodded. Marcus spoke.

"Want to join us?" I jumped at the chance, loving Inkling kart.

"Hell yeah! Lemme just go grab my squitch!" I closed the door, running down the hall to my room, opening the door and grabbing the squitch and running back to Marcus' room, practically breaking through the door and sitting down on a beanbag. "I'll crush you all."

"Don't be so sure!" Callie joked.