(1) School

Disclaimer! This was suppose to be my first serious book, but I lost all motivation for it so it really sucks to more you read. Its all over the place and soon it starts to not make any sense. 

Side note: I am rewriting this book and it is going a completely different direction.

~Nadia's POV:~

I drew in my sketch book til my alarm for school went off. I have a habit of waking up an hour or two before I'm supposed to.

I guess I'm okay-ish looking. I have straight brown hair that comes to my lower back. I have bright emerald green eyes, natural red plump lips. I'm 17, although I look like I'm 16 considering I'm very short, 5'3. And oddly, I have a strange birthmark on the back of my neck. It is a midnight black creasent moon.

~'Where have all the good guys gone? Where are all the gods?'~

My music alarm went off, stating that it was time for school. I sat down the picture I was drawing on my bed and got up. I walked to my closet and put on a maroon hoodie and some light blue high waisted skinny jeans. I pulled on my black and white converses. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and put my glasses on. I put my sketch book in my bag, grabbed my iPhone 7.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom was cooking and my dad was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper.

"Morning hun." My mom said.

"Morning mom. Morning dad." I said.

'Maybe now would be the time to ask her what she wants to do for her birthday.' I read my mom's thoughts.

"I don't want to do anything for my birthday mom. It's just another day of the week." I told her grabbing and apple and bitting into it.

"1. Don't read my mind Nadia. And 2. Why not? Your birthday is special. You are special." She said.

"Mom, no I'm not. Just because I can read minds and my birthmark glows when I do, doesn't mean I'm special. It just means I'm..... different." I said quietly.

"Fine." She sighed.

"Hun, it's time for you to head to school?" My dad said looking at his watch.

"Right. See y'all later." I said and walked out the door.

I made my way down our dirt road and onto the highway. Yes, we live in the middle of nowhere, but in my opinion it is quite peaceful out here.

I finally made it to school and walked to my locker. I grabbed my history book and stuck it in my bag. Since I was still a little early, I pulled out my phone and earbuds. I played 'I need a hero' by Bonnie Taylor.

I walked into my classroom and sat in the second to the last chair in the back corner. I pulled out my sketch book and a pencil. I started on the picture I was drawing in my room. It was a wolf howling at the moon. I don't know why, but I love wolves. I use to believe in werewolves and stuff like that when I was little.

The second bell rung, letting people know that they need to get to class. A group of new people walked in. There were three boys and two girls.

The girl standing closer to my side of the room had dark drown hair that came to her middle back, beautiful brown eyes and pink plump lips. She looked to be about 5'4, and my age. She also had beautiful tan skin.