one

♰ chapter one ♰

chapter one ♰

Yoongi slouches in the seat, his expression as bored as one could get as the principal closes the door, walking around to his fancy leather swivel chair behind his fancy mahogany desk. In the corner of the desk, there's still Yoongi's initials carved with a thumbtack he found on the desk from his third principal visit.

Now, he's been in this room too many times to count.

The principal exhales a heavy, long sigh, as per usual. "Yoongi..."

"A week this time?" the boy asks, casually picking at his cuticles. "I'd take two weeks, if you want to help me skip a calculus exam."

Principal Yumi gives him a disappointed look. He leans forward, his elbows resting on the wood as he stares at the child. "This is what I don't understand, Yoongi. You're smart enough to be in advanced classes, and yet you keep doing every possible stupid thing imaginable. Was stealing Jinyoung's shoes and stuffing them in the trash really necessary?"

"When he prolongs classes with dumbass questions just to get out of homework, yes."

Principal Yumi doesn't bother scolding Yoongi on his language anymore. "That's something for the teacher to handle, not you."

"Well, she clearly didn't know how to handle it."

"You're supposed to ignore kids like that, Yoongi."

Yoongi's eyes widen as he glares. "Are you kidding me? He literally asked why ice is a thing. We were talking about how to graph a fucking function."

"I'll have a talk with Mister Jinyoung as well about dragging out a class period to avoid work, but you still shouldn't have taken his shoes off his feet. Much less throw them in the cafeteria trash can after lunch."

"He didn't talk the rest of class, if you're curious."

"Yoongi."

"What is it this time, one week or two?" Yoongi asks again, getting rather annoyed with the pointless reprimanding. He simply doesn't have the patience for moronic teenage boys that think they're hilarious. Is that such a crime?

Besides, it was time for Jinyoung's shoes to find where they belong.

"That's the problem," Yumi grumbles, laying back in his chair. "You like suspension. It's not exactly a punishment."

"You're not going to make me clean the bathroom again, are you?"

Last time Yumi punished Yoongi with bathroom duty, Yoongi found a trick with the toilet paper. When you wet it, ball it up, then throw it up to the ceiling, it sticks. He got in trouble for that, too, and was in charge of knocking all of them down with the butt of a broomstick. Then he got in trouble for targeting the students who entered the bathroom with the wet toilet paper balls.