four

♰ chapter four ♰

chapter four ♰

The next day at school, Yoongi spots Jimin's head in the courtyard, standing next to Taehyung. The two make eye contact, but Jimin shows no sign of them ever interacting the previous night. Especially no sign of there being a "You're a vessel for Satan" look, which Yoongi imagines would be raised eyebrows and the gesture of devil horns.

Yoongi is about to do a one-eighty and go the opposite direction when he hears a timid voice call, "Yoongi-hyung?"

He frowns, turning around. Taehyung is the only person who talks to him, really.

Jungkook is jogging towards him, a paper in his hand. A few heads turn at the sight of the cute popular kid initiating conversation with the asshole rebel. Yoongi is torn between being bothered by it, and wanted to flick each of them off individually.

"What?" he snaps, unintentionally. He isn't used to this much attention, unless it's from the principal. He likes to be the scum no ones wants to interact with. He likes being isolated. He doesn't like all this damn staring.

However, the younger male is unbothered by Yoongi's tone, true to his word that he isn't quite afraid of the elder. "Just real quick. I was doing my homework last night with the trick you taught me, but this one question doesn't make sense."

Yoongi sighs, rubbing his forehead. "Really? You're going to make me do math at eight in the morning?"

Jungkook gives him a small smile, using puppy dog eyes. "Please? Really quick?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes.

He snatches Jungkook's paper. Rips it up. Grabs the younger's jacket and shoves the pieces into his pocket, giving him a mocking smile and two thumbs up.

Or at least.

That's what he would normally do.

For some damned reason, he doesn't do that. Instead, he takes the paper from Jungkook, scanning the worksheet to find the one unanswered question. Obviously it doesn't make sense. There's three fucking typos in it, using the wrong mathematical signs to get an actually valid answer. Whoever wrote the worksheet is an idiot.

When Yoongi tells Jungkook this, the younger boy frowns. "Are you sure?"

"Positive, kid. With the function it wants you to use, the signs are completely negating any possible outcome. Tell your teacher he's a dumbass."

"W-well, I can't really do that..."

"Fine. Tell him I said he's a dumbass." Yoongi holds gives Jungkook the worksheet back. "You did the rest of them correctly, though. At least I'm not wasting my breath when I talk to you."

Jungkook's cheeks flush. "Y-yeah, I made sure t-to listen hard and take notes."

"Really, though, point the mistake out to your teacher. If you're lucky, you can embarrass him in front of the entire class and either get extra credit or fail."