Chapter 2

AN: Hey here's chapter 2! Enjoy!
________________________
The night progressed slowly. I was led to my room by Emma. After she left and it was quiet, I realized a small pain in the back of my head. Probably just a headache, I just need to eat. But each time someone came to check in on me, it worsened. Eventually, it was time to eat. I headed to the dining room and sat where I was told. To my right sat Emma, and to my left was Millard. Conversation was directed to me most of the night. Questions like where I came from, how old I was, and what my peculiarity was were the most popular. Most of the children thought my peculiarity was grand and asked me to demonstrate. But I didn't know how. Thankfully, Miss Peregrine swooped in and told them to hush up and stop asking questions. After supper, I returned upstairs, my head throbbing. I felt terrible. Hiding out in my room on only my first day there, but I couldn't see straight. So I stayed upstairs in my room for the remainder of the night. The next morning I awoke feeling like absolute death. I couldn't see, I couldn't move, my head was throbbing, I could even concentrate. I decided to stay in bed. An hour later, there was a soft knock on the door.

"Y/N?" It was Millard.

"Hm?" I managed to say.

"The bird sent me to check in you, you ok?"

"Mhm"

"Well breakfast is ready... if your hungry."

"Not really... but thanks." I replied. I heard him walk away, and I let out a sigh. Damn. I must be dying.

_____Time_Skip_____

I didn't go down for lunch or dinner, and eventually Miss Peregrine came in.

"Miss Williams are you alright?" She said. I shook my head. She nodded. "It most likely is the fact you are surrounded by so many peculiars at once. You body must be overwhelmed... I can assure you though, by tomorrow you should be alright." I nodded.
"But, I cannot guarantee you that you'll wake up fine."

"What do you mean?"

"Until you figure out how to tame your peculiarity, you will most likely wake up with a different peculiarity and it will change throughout the day." I nodded but still had a few questions.

"How can I, uh, 'tame' it?"

"I think I know someone who can help.... but right now, you need to rest." She said, walking out. After she closed the door, I sat quietly, wondering who the hell she was talking about.

_____Time_Skip_____

I stayed in my room dying for the remainder of the day, DYING. Literally my head felt explosive. I fell asleep around midnight and awoke around 7 the next morning. Only I awoke on the ceiling. Damn it. Miss Peregrine was right. I had absorbed Olives peculiarity over night. Fun. I grabbed hold of the bed frame, and pulled my self down, planting my feet under my bed. What am I supposed to do now? Just sit here till it wears off by itself? I can't make it downstairs, I'd float up. I'm not just going to shout till someone comes, so yes. I'll just sit here. And that's exactly what I did. For half an hour. Miss Peregrine thankfully came into check on my "status".

"Perfect!" She exclaimed when she saw me float to the ceiling.

"What do you mean 'perfect'?"

"You can start learning to control your peculiarity by learning first, how to rid yourself of an absorbed peculiarity. I'll be right back." She said, turning to leave. I pulled myself back to the floor and waited. She returned a few minutes later with Millard. "Miss Williams, I believe you met Mr. Nullings. He has ever so kindly agreed to help you learn to control your peculiarity." I nodded and Miss Peregrine left.

"So, uh... what's the situation today?" He asked in an awkward way. I stepped back and let go of the bed. I rose up to the ceiling, then pulled myself back down. He nodded and walked over to me. "Let go again." He said. I released the bed and rose up. "Now... try concentrating. Really hard. Zone everything out and focus on getting rid of your peculiarity." I closed my eyes and concentrated. Nothing happened. I pulled myself back to the ground.

"Didn't work." I said.

"Try again, you won't get it if you try once." He said. I sighed and sent myself back to the ceiling and closed my eyes.

We worked on this for the next hour before something actually happened. I was on the ceiling again, still attempting to focus on one thing, when I began floating down. I didn't realize this until Millard said something.

"Yeah, you've got it!" I opened my eyes and noticed the ground was coming closer to me. I put my feet onto the ground and smiled.

"It only took me an hour." I said sarcastically. "Sorry I wasted so much of your time."

"Do you see where we live? I have nothing but time." He said. "Tomorrow, we can work on actually absorbing a peculiarity." I nodded.

"Sounds good" he headed downstairs and I followed a few minutes after. Around the table sat everyone eating breakfast. I was starving. I ate nothing yesterday. I sat down in my spot, next to Emma and Millard, and ate. Conversation revolved around plans for later on. I had no clue what the hell there was to do here. So I mentally checked that I'm going to explore the house a bit. I also noted the minor headache.

After breakfast, everyone went their separate ways, lunch was whenever you want, as long as you didn't eat too close to supper. I headed upstairs, but was stopped by someone calling me.

"Y/n!" I turned around and saw Millard's clothes at the bottom of the stairs, heading up to where I was. "You wanna go to the beach? I'm not a big swimmer, but everyone else is going and they'll swim."

"Uh... I've never been too fond of swimming..." I said.

"You want to come anyways... maybe just sit on the beach?..."

"Yeah... ok..." suddenly, a familiar warmth spread through my body. Shit. "Um.. actually... maybe next time..." Damn. I really wanted to go.

"Oh... o-ok..." he slumped back downstairs.

"A-actually... um... I need your help first..." he stopped and turned around.

"With what?"

I walked to my room and motioned him to follow. There was a tingling feeling making its way up my legs. He was telling the others to leave and he'll catch up. I rolled up my pant leg and my suspicions were confirmed. As he walked into my room, I rolled it back down.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Help." I said, rolling my pant leg up again and motioning to the nothingness there.

"Just concentrate on getting rid of it." He shrugged his shoulders like it was that easy. The tingle reached my shoulders and headed down my arms and up my neck. Within another minute, I was completely invisible. It was weird, not seeing any part of me. But I closed my eyes and concentrated.

I stayed quiet for what felt like hours. Soon, I felt another warmth start spreading from my head down, and when I opened my eyes, I could actually see my hands.

"Good job. You shaved your time by 55 minutes." He said standing up.

"Really?" Damn. Five minutes.

"Yeah." He started walking out "I'm headed to the beach now. See ya."

"Wait. I'm coming." I said following him out. Once I caught up, we headed to the beach, talking the whole way.

____________________
Chapter 2. Is. Done! *bows* Nah it was too rushed to deserve a bow. Anyways, I'm working on Chapter 3, so stay tuned! If you enjoyed this story so far, maybe consider dropping a like and leaving some advice in the comments!

Very Peculiarly Yours,
Mrs. Nullings