Chapter 8

AN: FIRST OF ALL! THIS CHAPTER AND A FEW OF MY DRAFTS WERE DELETED! I'M SO HAPPY I SAVE MY STORIES IN GOOGLE DOCS. SO I WILL TRY AND GET BACK ON TRACK ASAP! Chapter 8. DAMN. I'm so proud of myself for staying with this story. I thought I'd be writing the "Important Authors Note" by now, stating why I'm not writing anymore but NO! So, sit back (or stand), and enjoy (or don't, it's ok to hate), this eighth chapter of Us! *also, please note there WILL be a make-out scene... I'm excited to write it* (is that weird... yeah probably)
_____________________
I awoke at six thirty the next morning. I was still wrapped in Millard's arms and I didn't want to move. But still, I pulled away and walked quietly back to my room. My bed was still neatly made and when I climbed back under the covers, it was cold. My bed seemed more uninviting then usual. I wanted to go back to Millard's room, but I also wanted to live. So instead, I let myself slowly drift back to sleep.

A couple of hours later, there was a knock on my door. I ask who it is, my voice muffled by the pillow my face was buried in.

"Millard." Came his voice from the other side of the door.

"It's open," I said. I hear the door open and close again, but I kept my head in my pillow.

"Good morning Y/n." He said. I felt the weight on my bed shift when he sat down.

"Morning," I mumbled.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Tired," I said.

"What time did you leave?"

"6:30," I said. "Slept that crap after that."

"I woke up at 7 because I was freezing." He said. I felt his body shift and I could tell he was laying next to me. I opened one eye and peeked out from under my arm.

"Comfortable?" I asked, laughing a little.

"Yeah, definitely. Your bed seems softer than mine." He said, not moving.

"I thought the same thing," I said, lifting my face out of my pillow and turning to him.

"I might sleep here tonight, you can take my bed." He said jokingly.

"Now hold on. You think that because your bed isn't soft, you can just take mine?" I ask playfully.

"Well, yes. That would be nice." He said, playing along.

"So you're going to take my bed and leave me to suffer on your rock like bed?" I flung my arm over my forehead dramatically. "I thought you loved me," I asked, being completely overdramatic. He continued to play along.

"I do, my lady, but alas, neither of us should have to suffer on that bed. It's too unforgiving, for, even the worst of criminals would get better sleeping conditions."

"Mr. Nullings." I said sitting up, "Are you requesting to sleep in my bed with me?" I asked, sounding appalled. He hurried and stood up, bowing.

"My bad, malady, I have neglected to formally address you." He straightened himself out and held out his hand. "Miss Williams, your bed is extremely comfortable and soft. I'd be ever so delighted if you, just for one night, allowed me to stay with you." Suddenly, I burst out into a fit of laughter. Millard then followed, causing both of us to fall back onto my bed, laughing hysterically. Once we both settled down, I answered him.

"Just because of that little show, yes, you may spend the night in here," I said smiling. He grabbed my hand and sat up I sat up too and faced him. He began leaning in, but I put my finger to his lips to stop him.

"Before we do anything of the sorts, I'd like to request a bit of dental hygiene first," I said laughing. He laughed too and pulled back.

"That's a great idea." He said standing up.