Prologue: Project Snowfall

An aged brown desk was in front of Chris Parehoñez, a 17 year old boy from Faridea, a tiny country located to the south of the Atlantic Ocean. A group of papers was placed on top of the desk neatly with a modern table lamp aiming right at the center of the desk. A metronome placed near the papers had a strap where ballpens have been kept.

Near the window, an aged man with greyed hair wearing a gray vest and a blue collared shirt stared out into the window in the distance. Snow had begun to fall on the country's landscape, and the hills and trees began to be covered deep in the snow. He watched as the snowflakes slowly descended into the ground.

"So..." Chris spoke up.

The man turned, a slight chill going up Chris' spine. His movements were calm yet chilling with his dull brown eyes moving slowly and wearily across the room towards his visitor. His face was neatly shaved with stubble growing in his chin where a beard should have grown. Although his eyes seemed dull and weary, a slight twinkle remained as soon as he saw Chris Parehoñez, a hero of Faridea and immediately strode towards him.

"I want to make sure we agree on one thing." He said, his voice slightly hoarse. If Chris didn't know better, he'd have thought he had a sore throat.

The man went to the desk on the other side of Chris and leaned towards him, his hands planted on the desk.
"There's no way for you to change the past..." He turned to a nearby plaque placed on the desk and corrected it, making it face Chris.

The name "Doctor Rian Nillois, Psychologist" continued to echo in Chris' head as the man in front of him sat down in the seat across him.
"What I can tell you however, is that it opens front doors to the future." A slight smile appeared on the doctor's face. "Whether it affects you...or the destinies of others."

Chris looked down.

The doctor tilted his head to get a better view of Chris.
"Is..the night going the way you had hoped it would?"

"...everything is fine."
Everything was not fine.

The doctor eyed him carefully.
"I want to investigate your feelings to other people in depth." He grabbed a journal from underneath his desk and grabbed a photograph from inside.

He placed the photo ever so slowly on the desk, making sure Chris could see the face on it clearly.

"Tell me. How does this picture make you feel?" He asked. "Be precise."

...

A short glance, but no answer.

"People might think that for something to be explained, you need to use the precise and specific words to better explain and paint an image of your thoughts." The doctor said. "However, silence at some points speak louder than words."
"Then you know my feelings on this." Chris looked straight into the man's eyes, his dark eyes studying every detail.

"Don't be too hard on Hallie Clear. You don't need to be silent when I show you her picture." The doctor chuckled slightly as he leaned back on his seat.

"She's dead." Chris's teeth clenched.

"Like I said, the past cannot be changed in your present, but it can determine your future." The doctor said. He grabbed a photograph from his pocket and dropped it in front of him on the desk for Chris.

Chris looked at the picture.

LosS
FeAR
FEaR

DeAtH

Chris looked away, a series of hallucinations and visions suddenly clouding his eyes.
"Don't run away from this Chris." The doctor showed a small smile from the edge of his lips. "You know you left me hanging during our last session."

DEATH

"THE DOCTOR!"
"He's been hanged! Someone, get him!"

Rian let out a cold laugh. "Hahahaha...you appear to be losing your sense of yourself."
Chris stood from his seat.

"What is this?!" Chris yelled. "Wh-what are you doing to me?!"
"I'm only trying to help you Chris, but you're not exactly making it easier for me." Rian smiled. "I would know...being in your positi-"

Rian's voice slowly faded away, suddenly replaced by a disembodied voice.

"You know you could have stopped it Chris. But you're not at fault here."

"Time is running out for you Chris."

"Poor poor Hallie, Chris."

"No..no..no..." Chris looked around the suddenly empty office. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

A low but sinister laugh echoed across the room. The doctor's.
Suddenly Chris noticed the heavy bloodstains that had dried up on the doctor's notebook.

"We all get betrayed, Chris. Promises broken."

"No, no...this isn't real..!"

"I know you couldn't have done anything, Chris."

Chris turned to the sudden gentle and feminine voice that came from the corner.

"H-Hallie...n-no...stop messing with my head!"

"Time is running out, Chris."

"GAH!!"

"Chris?!"

Chris panted on his seat at the small diner. A few other people stared at him.

"You alright?"

Adette Regina, his new partner and closest friend eyed him worryingly as she moved her food around with her fork.

Chris tried to get his breath back when he looked down at his food.

"Project Snowfall has started. Trust no one."
- Rian Nillois