My life

Zac's POV

I watched as she walked down the side walk, amazed at how strong she is. She decided to come back to school, the same school that holds so many horrible memories for her. We talk a lot about the future, college, career choices..

She told me about her love for music and how she wanted to be a singer. I told her about my acting-career-soon-to-come..hopefully. We both want to go to college at Berkeley. Which is good so we won't have a long- distance relationship.

Everything seems to be perfect at the moment. I just wish it could stay like that.

-----
After college
--

Charlie's POV

College is finally out. I miss Zac, a lot. I'm sure he's forgotten all about me with his big acting career success or whatever. I just wish we could have stayed together. But you know when they say long- distance relationships don't ever work out, they truly mean it. Especially when he just left. No contact whatsoever, I just assume that means we're over. It's been years anyway.

On our second year in Berkeley, Zac got the role as Mike in a movie called 17 Again. I was extremely happy for him, and I wasn't worried that he would actually take off like he had. Considering he already has done several movies, the most popular being the High School Musical movies, and he still stayed with me even though he was being recognized.

I still love him, more than anything. I wish he felt the same, but I doubt he does. He's had multiple girlfriends in the past few years. I haven't had a single date because he's all I think about.

I've texted and called him a lot over the years, and he's never once answered. By now he probably just considers me his clingy ex...
------

Zac's POV

"Zac..Zac.... Zac babe, wake up." I heard her say, I opened my eyes and smiled. Charlie. My beautiful wife. I hugged onto her so she couldn't move away. "Don't leave me." I pouted into her neck. She giggled, "wouldn't dream of it."

I awoke with a jolt, I sat in bed sweating. The dream was so realistic, I haven't moved on from her, obviously I haven't. Since she is all I ever think about, how could I? Why did I leave her?

I just wanted her to live a normal life, while I knew mine would soon become chaotic. I didn't want her to be lonely, waiting for me to come home or to feel neglected. Leaving her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I did it for her sake.

She has probably found herself a much better boyfriend, one who has never hurt her, treats her like the princess she is, and gives her his full attention. Heck, maybe she's even married to the man and has a child.
Knowing she is happier now, I smile, but at the same time, knowing it's without me makes me scream and cry.

I'm broken without her. I put a smile on my face everyday, so people don't ask questions. I've had a lot of stage girlfriends that I've been forced to 'date' so either I or they get more publicity. I hate my management so much, what if Charlie sees? She'll think I've moved on and don't care about her anymore. I wouldn't know if she had tried to call me about it though.

I got rid of my phone, knowing if she were to ever try to reach me I wouldn't be able to refuse. I have her number memorized. I've always felt the urge to call her with a private number, just to hear her voice again.

I need her. I don't think I can do this anymore. I have to know if she is at least happy. What if I'm wrong, what if she still loves me as much as I love her? But how could she love someone like me? Someone who ran from everything?