Scene 56 / No, Dia!

^^^CueTheMusic^^^

^^^CueTheMusic^^^

^^^CueTheMusic^^^

Tyryn knew I was heading back to DB, as usual

Tyryn knew I was heading back to DB, as usual. What was it going to hurt if I told him the plan? "Oh, I'm making one last trip to the Devil's Backbone and he's going to help me do that."

"I don't understand. You always go by yourself. Why do you have to go with him? What's the difference in you going with him?"

"H-he knows where I can get enough jewels for Dia and I to live off of. If I can do that, I won't have to go back to DB again."

There was a silence as Tyryn thought to himself. I wasn't ready for what came next.

"I'm going too," He said.

"What? No, you don't have to do that."

"I want to. Whenever I asked in the past, you always said you didn't want me to come, that it was too dangerous for me or I didn't know the area well enough. You preferred to work alone, but if he's going with you," he shook his head "I'm coming too. Maybe you could use some extra protection this time."

The Black Flame scoffed, "Protection? You think you can survive the Devil's Backbone? Save yourself the trouble, dude. Don't risk your life for something you know nothing of."

"It's no trouble at all."

"There will be if you invite yourself on this trip. She doesn't even want you to go. Why push it?"

I couldn't say the Black Flame was lying. I didn't want him to go and it was for his own safety. He didn't know Backbone like we did.

Before Tyryn could retort, Dia stepped in, "Me, too. I want to come."

"This isn't some silly round trip. You will get hurt," the Black Flame lectured, "or end up dead in the devil's dirt. This one here is lucky enough to be alive."