Chapter 1

Ink Pov

   The Night was dark and the moon was high in the sky glowing a brilliant yellow. I sit on a rock overlooking the Mortal Relm. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't assigned. My mind flashes back to the day in school when my teacher, Toriel, a very nice goat looking monster, taught us what it meant to be assigned.

   "Alright class this lesson is very important when a Mortal being needs to be guided in any way an angel is given to them to push them along the right path," Toriel states. "When you are assigned you will go down to the Mortal Relm and help your human or monster," She finishes. "However, you need to watch out, because for every angel there is a demonic counterpart," Toriel says with a worried look in her eyes, "that counterpart will try their best to send your being down a more chaotic route."

   My mind is drawn away from its thoughts when I hear someone call my name.   

"Iiiiiink, I'm baaack," My best friend Blueberry yells, "guess what, guess what." 

"What," I respond with the now obvious interest in my voice. 

"The Most Magnificent Sans just got assigned to a fantastic human named Frisk," Blueberry says aloud in a proud tone. All of a sudden as soon as he mentioned Frisk I got jealous. I mean, why should he get assigned but not me. It's not fair. I'm the last angel, and only, as far as I know, to be given a mortal to watch over!

   In the midst of my thoughts, I hadn't realized that Blueberry had run off in joy. I shook my head to get rid of my jealousy and convince myself that I should be happy for my best friend. Then I hear something that sends chills down my spine. Something that could cause me to get into a lot of trouble.

"Why, hello little angel."