Chapter 1

Preston's POV:

Where am I?

I woke up under in a dark place, feeling the ground under my feet.

I can't see anything...

I stood up, and started walking. After what seemed an eternity, I at last saw light, at the end of a tunnel.

But it seemed as I was going down, not the other way round...

As I was thinking, I walked into a ravine, and immediately started falling down.

Oh no... it's the end.

I thought, while falling in the seemingly endless cave system. Then, instead of the stone that used to be the wall, oak wood planks started appearing, then I looked down, to see the ground, which was just a few meters under me. So I closed my eyes.

Then I landed in something, softer than a pillow, but stickier than a slime.

Wait, what was a pillow? And what was a slime?

Then I felt something push me out of the sticky thing, which I just realised it was what we call a cobweb. I landed on the obsidian, covering... the lava.

Wait, how do I know all this? When I woke up, the only thing I knew was the word... stone, and cold. Maybe... when I woke up, I was laying on a stone floor, I it was cold there... depending on my situation, feelings and what I see, I learn. That's my theory.

As I was thinking, I heard a noise, then something pushed me again. I managed to catch myself on the obsidian, but unfortunately, I slipped, and my arm fell in the water.

I howled in agony, scaring away a few bats, as my arm transformed into cobblestone.

Blinded by rage, I turned around to see the baby slime which pushed me, and, with my other arm, I hit it, sending it flying meters away, and burning half of it.

It started running away, but, as he moved, blocks of gravel fell in his path, forming an unclimbable wall.

I walked towards it, and, as I lifted my arm to hit it, it looked at me, with his two eyes, full of pity.

Wh... What did I do?

I ran away, feeling ashamed, and plunged head first in a lava pool, and stayed there until the cobblestone covering my arm melted away. As I swam out of the pool, there was that baby slime that I burned, which was looking at me.

"Now, run away, and go find your parents. I'm sorry for what I did." I told him.

Then I walked away, to fall in a small cave.

I'm lucky it wasn't a ravine...

Then I felt a wet thing fall on me.

"Ugh. Why am I this unlucky? And why are you following me?" I muttered under my breath.

I looked around me, too see on the stone wall shiny blue specks of material. Diamond!

I pressed my hand on the stone covering it, melting the stone, then picked up the diamond, then repeated the action again and again.

A vein of eight diamonds. I'm so lucky.

Then I looked behind me, to see the slime, once again.

"Huh. If you want to follow me that much, I guess I'll name you... Pete."

I went back to the ravine, and swam up a lava source, and at last, surfaced. But then I saw a mass of dead zombies, skeletons, explosions, but there was also a crafting bench and a furnace.

Someone has been here. I'm not alone.