four

[art by Casie_Loves_1D]

four

Sure enough, Fire came in at 6:15 the next night, her hair now dyed a pale pink, save for the tips. Those were dyed a darker, almost red pink.

Harry said the usual greeting, to which she finally replied with a grin. As she made her way towards him, Harry asked, "Why the change in hair color?"

She shrugged before making her way behind the cash register, where Harry was positioned. She hopped up on the counter next to the conveyor belt and swung her legs back and forth. "I was bored of the blue. And this matches my name much better, don't you think?"

He nodded absentmindedly, taking notice that she wasn't wearing any of her thick makeup, thinking that it was weird to see her without it. Good weird, but still, very weird. He thought she looked nice without it.

"What are you staring at?" She snapped her fingers in front of his face, breaking his train of thought.

"Oh. Sorry. Do you want your tea?"

"Nah. I'm hyper enough already. I already had my daily dose of sugar this morning."

"Oh." Harry nodded and then laced his fingers together, shifting awkwardly from one foot to another. What was he supposed to say now?

Turns out, he didn't need to say anything; she started talking instead. "How do you wear those?" She gestured to his jeans, black and skin-tight on his legs.

"I - um - I just do?" Harry's voice went up, questioning. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at Fire.

"You've got tighter jeans than I do, Harry," she observed and he laughed.

"Do I look better in them than you do?"

"Oh, of course. No doubt. Which is actually pretty scary. Are you sure you're a guy?"

"I'm dead sure that I am." Harry grinned. "Would you like to check?"

His question caused her to scrunch her nose up in disgust. Then she reached up and smacked the back of his head before they both started laughing together.