seven

[art by pandemoncalum]

seven

"I got you flowers." Harry raised an eyebrow at Fire, who blushed, something rare for her.

"I thought I was supposed to buy you flowers?" Harry laughed and she blushed an even deeper red.

"I had a vase of flowers and I didn't know what to bring, okay?" Fire defended herself.

Harry reached out and took the flowers from her, placing them on the console of his car. "Thank you, they're really nice. So, I was thinking, how does McDonald's sound?"

"For dinner?" Fire raised an eyebrow at Harry after buckling her seatbelt.

"Yes. Cheap food and playplaces that are meant for three year olds."

"Do I get to play in the playplace?"

"Of course."

"Then let's go!" Fire grinned and Harry soon followed after, feeling his heart swell in happiness.

~

"You're going to get stuck up there, I swear to God."

"I have my food and my phone. I'm good," Fire said with her food in one hand, stabilizing herself with the other.

"This isn't exactly how I imagined our first date," Harry called and then blushed.

"Date? I see this as more of a more-than-friends get-together."

"You just made a longer term for a date," Harry pointed out and Fire rolled her eyes.

"Fine. A date." Harry grinned and made his way up the playplace, into the tube that Fire had set her food down in.

"It's really cramped in here," he observed, his side slightly pressed against Fire's. She smirked.

"I thought you would've preferred it that way. Being a guy and all."

"I'm not that horny, Fire. Believe it or not, some guys aren't horndogs."

"How do I know you're part of the non-horny group?"

"Because I'm sitting here eating limp French fries instead of taking advantage of the closeness between us."

Fire rolled her eyes, sipping her soda. "I think you're just hungry. Then when you're full, you'll be horny."

"Well, at least I'll only be horny for you."