chapter 2

After spending an hour or so in the bath, Tang Shan carefully walked out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. He was still having mixed feelings about the whole situation, and was thus extremely relieved that Li Yuanyu wasn't waiting on the other side of the door.

He looked around carefully, making sure that Li Yuanyu really wasn't around, and quickly put on the clothes left out for him. After he was dressed, he was suddenly struck with the awareness that he had no idea what he should do.

He stood where he was, unsure.

The sound of rain pelting against the windowpanes began to lower in intensity. Within the house, it was so silent that it was scary, the damp and dark hallway giving off an ominous aura.

The door to his room was half-open, the slightest hint of light peeking through.

He plucked up his courage and went forward to investigate, only to be met with the sight of Li Yuanyu flipping through the artistic romance novel on his table.

Come to think of it, Li Yuanyu was probably the owner of the book.

Tang Shan convinced himself of this fact and decided to leave the room. He didn't feel like having anything to do with the man at the moment, but once he took a step backwards, he bumped into the door behind him, resulting in a large creak.

"Damn it!" Tang Shan cursed silently.

"You're done bathing." Li Yuanyu gave him a kind smile, saying nothing of his clumsiness.

That disarming smile rendered Tang Shan momentarily speechless. He'd never seen any man as beautiful and enchanting as Li Yuanyu was.

Tang Shan came back to himself, gasping at his outrageous thoughts. He turned away and ducked his head, unwilling to look at Li Yuanyu's face.

Li Yuanyu gave an extremely defeated smile and proceeded to get up from his chair.

Tang Shan furrowed his eyebrows in nervousness, glaring at Li Yuanyu's feet. He could see them gradually coming closer to him, and all he could do was retreat till he was out of the room, his back against the wall of the hallway.

"Am I Medusa?" Li Yuanyu teased him albeit unhappily, in response to his obvious desire to escape. Tang Shan stayed silent.

"Don't be afraid, I just want to go to the bathroom. It's my turn to shower." That said, Li Yuanyu walked off in the direction of the bathroom.

The moment he left, Tang Shan immediately heaved a sigh of relief, sliding onto the floor as he felt his strength leave him.

The rain finally stopped and the sound of rainfall no longer lingered. In exchange, he heard the sound of water trickling in the bathroom nearby. At the thought of Li Yuanyu naked in there, Tang Shan gulped, his heart rate increasing.

He couldn't stay any longer; it was just too dangerous! He couldn't control his own mind, and to even fantasize about Li Yuanyu in the nude...

He didn't want to admit the existence of his desires for Li Yuanyu!

So he escaped.

In a small town where he had no sense of direction and everything was foreign to him, he ran alone, with no purpose and no idea where he could go. All he wanted to do was escape from Li Yuanyu.

He ran till he was tired and his stamina completely diminished, to the point that he could no longer move. Only then did he stop.

He realized that the scenery around him was completely different, which indicated he'd run outside of the places that Li Yuanyu had brought him to- He was now completely lost.