Chapter 6

He seemed to be surrounded by warm water, floating gently as it warmed him. It was extremely comfortable.

He didn't want to wake up. However, he was already awake, and nonetheless, continued to laze around in bed.

While he was extremely unwilling to do so, Tang Shan finally opened his eyes.

He'd never imagined he would feel safe and a sense of belonging from a man's embrace. It was something that he had felt strongly against, but at this point, it no longer bothered him.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Li Yuanyu kissed his forehead with a smile and greeted him. He had woken up long ago and seemed to have been staring at his sleeping face all this while.

"Mmhh." Tang Shan groaned in reply and sat up. He rubbed at his eyes with his hand and yawned.

Li Yuanyu also sat up and came from behind, hugging him around the waist. He placed his face against Tang Shan's back.

"I love you, Tang Shan."

"Okay."

He took advantage of the situation and began kissing the back of Tang Shan's neck.

"Stop it." Tang Shan turned away and discouraged him.

"I'm sorry." His apology didn't sound sincere at all, but Li Yuanyu was aware that Tang Shan didn't like him clinging on like this. He had no choice but to let go.

Tang Shan thought he'd given plenty of leeway, and yet Li Yuanyu was still greedy for more.

It wasn't that Li Yuanyu wasn't allowed to do this, but Tang Shan needed more time. Li Yuanyu should know that.

He got off the bed, preparing to wash up in the bathroom. He didn't get to take more than a few steps before the man behind him hugged his waist and whispered into his ear, "I can't bear to let you go."

"I'm just going to the bathroom." "Can't we go together?" Li Yuanyu was already a grown man, and yet here he was, acting like a spoilt child.

"Nope." Tang Shan outright refused him. No matter if Li Yuanyu acted cute or like a spoilt child to him, it didn't matter. He wasn't ready to show Li Yuanyu his naked body yet.

Li Yuanyu kept silent in his disappointment. Tang Shan ignored him and proceeded towards the bathroom. Luckily for him, Li Yuanyu didn't follow him inside and stayed by the doorway, staring at him pitifully with puppy eyes.

Tang Shan rolled his eyes in answer and closed the door in his face.

After a quick wash-up, he left the bathroom, only to find Li Yuanyu still at the door in the same position.

Ever since the kidnapping incident, Li Yuanyu changed his tactics and stuck close to him, not giving him any space. At the beginning when his emotions were still unstable, he constantly needed someone by his side. Now that he was much better, this behaviour was gradually grating on his nerves.

Li Yuanyu smiled at him and reached for his hand naturally, and they went downstairs together.

Seeing their hands laced together, Tang Shan wished he could take his hand back. However, that was the one thing he couldn't bring himself to do.

Just the thought of Li Yuanyu's upset expression caused knots in his stomach.

"What's wrong? You look worried." Li Yuanyu turned back and caressed Tang Shan's cheek, using his fingers to smoothen the lines of worry between his brows.

"It's nothing." Tang Shan pushed his hands away. "I was wondering if we could go out for breakfast. I'm getting tired of the food at home." Li Yuanyu was initially disappointed at how Tang Shan pushed his hand aside, but the moment he heard the word "home", he quickly cheered up despite it possibly being said just in passing, with no extra meaning behind it.