The Next Day

I jumped awake, my hair falling into  my sight, covered in a cold sweat and panting loudly and deeply I examined my hands and the rest of my body. No injuries nor missing body-parts, thank  god, for a moment I had believed that I had been eaten, devoured by that creature in the woods. How long had it been there? How many times had it been so close to murdering me? "Violet! Get down here and help me with the chores!"
My elder sister's voice rang through out our home I climbed out of bed, realizing as I stood that I had forgotten to change out of my clothes from the night before. I walked over to my mirror and examined myself, hair a mess, clothes covered in mud and leaves, all a result from running from that, beast.
After changing into my normal torn and ripped dress with colours so worn and faded the dress could be considered ancient.
"There you are, what took you so long? Did the forest creature sneek into your room and hold you prisoner?"
I shuddered at the thought of that, that thing being in my room as we speak, then froze my feet to my spot. Waita moment, when had she learned of what happened? When I had gotten home I ran straight to my room, "How did you? When did?"
"You can never keep a secret from your sister, besides it's the talk of the town, the old Lord Brunswicks' youngest killed by a murderous creature just to save Anya's little sister Violet."

"T-Talk, of the town?! Who told-"

"The hunters went by everyone's house last night telling them to lock up or be dinner for that thing."
Anya turned to look at me, her pure white locks pulled back into a braid that reached down to her hips, ruby red eyes full of fear, a fear that made me realize just how alone my sister would be if that creature had gotten me.
"Are you alright however?" She said as she walked close to me, pulling my smaller form into a tight imbrace. Barely able to move I wrapped my arms around her neck, and out of fear, began to sob.
"When they came to our door I had believed you had died aswell until they had questioned whether you had made it home or not, I ran to your room to find you passed out in bed. If I had lost you, then I would have lost everything I live for."
"I'm so sorry, please, please forgive me. Forgive me for making you worry, forgive me for causing that man's death."
As we separated from the hug a knock sounded at the door, "Anya?! Violet?! Anyone home?"
It was one of the the hunters that had saved me, as Anya opened the door I noticed that there were multiple people with him, two of them his other brothers, one being the dead man's wife, pregnant wife if I shall add. As she noticed me she pushed past Anya and grabbed me by the collar of my dress.
"HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU MY LOVE, MY HUSBAND, MY BABY'S FATHER, MY ROLAND IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!!! YOU! YOU WITCH!!"
She yelled with her blue eyes full of rage, I heard another's footsteps running over to pull her away from me to prevent anything else from being said or done. Anya ran to my side and hugged me tightly glaring at the woman, "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED IN HIS PLACE! THE VILLAGE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU! THE BOTH OF YOU FREAKS!! MAY GOD SMITE YOU OFF THE FACE OF THIS WORLD!!!"
Suddenly becoming mute my words became a lump in my throat, yes, it was my fault he was dead but I did not intend to even see a monster, let alone cause someone to die to it.
"Violet didn't know that the Wendigo was even in the forest Miss! Put yourself into her shoes for a moment! No-one knew that it even lived in the forest before now! Let alone exsisted!" A hunter had yelled at her in my defense.
"SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED INSTEAD!! SO MY ROLAND WOULD BE HERE WITH HIS CHILD! WE'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THESE WITCHES!!!"
"ENOUGH!!" Anya's voice echoed, "I want all of you out of here!! NOW!" She yelled as she glared daggers at the widow, all she could do was blink in suprise. Anya was well known in the village for being patient, this was the first time she had ever yelled in anger. All that I could do was fear about what others in the village were saying and thinking about me and this incident.

That is when we heard a crash of from upstairs, upstairs, from my sleeping quarters.