A Voice in the Trees ; What is He Hiding?

The rock made a small splash as it hit the clear water in the lake. I sighed. "How could you be the son of the God of the Seas and not be able to skip rocks?" I asked to myself, out loud.  I'm glad  Annabeth didn't hear me say that. She would've laughed and told me that Poseidon was the god of water, and that he has no control over rocks.

Speaking of Annabeth, I felt a tap at my shoulder just a few seconds later.

I jumped up in surprise. "Holy Hera Annabeth! Don't do that!" 

Her gray eyes looked sparkly in the sun. She smirked at me. "Wanna go for a walk along the majestic coastline?" she asked mockingly. She pointed around her at the coastline which stretched about five feet around her. A very long walk indeed.

"I think that would be too long a walk, even for me," I joked, pretending to be whiny. "What about the forest?" I asked her smiling face.

In response, she marched up to the edges of the forest. I followed her.

We walked through the very much green forest for a while, and we were about to head back to camp, when Annabeth stopped me. "What?" I asked. "Shhhh," she whispered very loudly, which kind of defeated the point of whispering,  and put her finger up to her lips. She was looking to the west, her face alert.

I thought Annabeth had gone a little out of her mind when I heard it too. A voice barely audible, coming from the west side of the forest.

She started crawling through the bushes toward the sound. I didn't like some stupid voice taking my girlfriend's attention away from the woods and I, but I followed her anyway, towards the mysterious voice.

She was going quite fast, and I nearly had to run to keep up with her. I kept tripping over sticks, and getting pricked by thorns, and I muttered curses under my breath as I followed the wave of shiny blond hair through the prickly bushes which were starting to be seriously annoying.

The voice was getting quite loud now, and I was walking nearer, when a thought occurred to me: I couldn't see the wave of shiny blonde hair in front of me anymore.

Just when I had this thought, a hand grabbed me and pulled me behind a tall oak tree.

"What's your pro-" I started to say. Annabeth put her hand over my mouth and shoved me to the other side of the oak tree. She pointed in front of me with her free hand and I turned my head to look. When I saw what she was pointing at, I jerked back in surprise.

Logan was standing in the clearing talking to someone, but that's not why I was so startled.

Logan was talking to Bob, the Bob we left in Tartarus.