02.

"We do have a new student, ladies and gentlemen, please help me welcome Geoff." The teacher called out in front of the whole class, causing anxiety to spark inside of Geoff. I guess that weed I smoked could only help so much, he thought as he pushed himself up onto his feet. Geoff's mind was a foggy blur as he reached the front of the class, glancing over his new classmates.

None caught his eye, but a specific blue-haired boy stared directly at him, lips wrapped around a pink lollipop. He pulled it out of his mouth with a pop, causing Geoff to slightly stir as he stood.

"I—uh it's really nice to be here?" Geoff's awkwardness cursed him, making the sentence come out of his mouth as more of a question. Quickly and quietly, he made his way back to his seat, shimmying the denim jacket off and laying it on his lap. Glancing over, he caught the glance of the boy with the lollipop, who grinned with success and continued sucking on the sugared stick, occasionally making eye contact with Geoff.

He didn't know what this kid's problem was, but he needed to figure out soon, and fast.

A part of Geoff was hoping this blue-haired kid wasn't what his newfound 'friends' were warning him about this morning. He had met three guys: Jack, Alex, and Patty, all of whom were sorta punk and emo like Geoff himself. Patty was the one who clicked with Geoff the quickest, not that Jack and Alex weren't cool or anything, but Geoff hadn't really click with them yet. "Seriously though, be careful of this blue-haired kid, Gee. He's nothing but trouble, and all he wants is money and dick." Geoff sort of laughed at this, but once he had seen the seriousness written across Patty's face, he kept his lips shut and just nodded.

If this boy was the boy Patty was warning Geoff about, Geoff knew he'd be in deep shit by lunch time.

————

"You gonna eat that, Aws?"

Awsten let the lunch tray slide across the table towards Jawn as his eyes stayed focus on the new boy. He learned in history that his name was Geoff, and he could definitely tell the kid was high, like higher than the fucking moon.

Grace glanced over her shoulder and moaned in frustration. "Oh goooooooood, don't tell me you're going after an emo kid again. You remember Alex? You don't wanna go down that road again."

"I'm not going after just any emo kid. I'm going after the new emo kid." Awsten smiled as he whipped out a brand new strawberry lollipop, unwrapping the sugar stick and laying it onto his tongue. "His name is Geoff, and he's literally so fucking high right now."

Otto chugged an entire bottle of water and sputtered slightly. "Wow, emo AND a stoner. You really know how to choose'em Aws."

Awsten flipped off his friend as he continued his longing stare towards Geoff. Something about the guy just drew him in, he couldn't really tell what it was about him. His tongue flicked around the lollipop as his thoughts consumed him.

On the other side of the lunch room, Geoff sat and quietly listened while Patty, Alex, and Jack all talked. He could feel and see Awsten staring at him, lollipop hanging from his lips, and it was beginning to make him almost annoyed. He felt like an object, and he didn't appreciate it. "Tell me about this Awsten guy."

The conversation between the other three died, and Patty's face fell as he glanced over at Geoff. "Why are you asking Gee? Oh god, don't tell me you—"

"I didn't do anything, Patty, he's just been staring me down and it's making me feel a little uneasy." Geoff shifted around and glanced back over at Awsten, who had become engrossed in whatever conversation happening at his own lunch table.

Patty stretched out his arms and played with his newly enlarged gauges. "He's a spoiled brat. Literally, all he ever wants is some dick to sit on and new clothes. He tried fucking around with Alex once and Jack had to punch him so he'd leave Alex alone."

Alex and Jack nodded in agreement, only confirming this story.

Geoff chewed on his lip nervously. This Awsten guy seemed to be painted in a bad light, but he wanted to see for himself. The kid wasn't bad looking, but if he really was like this, Geoff didn't know if he could handle someone like that. He just nodded, signaling to his three friends the conversation was now over. He continued to feel the presence of the blue-haired boy's stare up until lunch ended, to which Geoff gathered his things and headed towards the football field for his outdoor education class.

Who was he trying to kid, Geoff was only in this class to sneak out to the bleachers and get high.

Once the coach wasn't looking, Geoff stowed away underneath the rickety bleachers, cramming himself inside of some tall grass to conceal himself. He pulled out a pre-rolled blunt from a medicine bottle, holding it between his lips as he patted his pockets for a lighter. Oh fuck I forgot a light—

"Need a light?" A voice startled Geoff, almost causing him to drop the blunt from between his lips. Standing in front of him was the blue-haired boy, dressed in pink Nike shorts and a white sports top. His fingers held an old fashioned lighter, dangling it in front of Geoff. Once he nodded, the boy flicked the lighter opened and held it to the blunt, igniting it and letting the smoke tendrils drift towards the bleachers. "You know this is a really shitty place to smoke, but it's your lucky day. They just so happened to head back indoors."

Geoff was so up close to the boy that he noticed his dual-toned eyes, which sparkled with a constant mischievous stare. He inhaled the smoke and blew it out slowly, letting it be caught up by the wind.

The boy drew closer, taking the blunt form between Geoff's lips and letting himself have a puff. Once he replaced it back into Geoff's awaiting lips, the boy blew a ring into the air and watched it dissipate into the wind. "My name's Awsten."

"I know." Geoff mumbled as he took another hit from the joint, which was now almost half way gone. God this kid smokes more than I do. "I've heard about you."

Awsten's eyebrow rose as he stole the spot next to Geoff, holding his impatient hand out for another taste of the bud. "Oh really? And what exactly have you heard about me?" Once Geoff handed it back over, Awsten inhaled a hardy breath, releasing it up into the air.

"That you're spoiled and all you use guys for is money." Geoff told the boy honestly, finishing off the blunt quickly and putting the flames out with his calloused fingers. The weed was old and didn't much of a high, but it would do for school, considering it didn't smell and wouldn't make his eyes too red.

Awsten smirked as he leaned in, his lips inches away from Geoff's ear as he spoke. "Oh no no, that's just not who I am, Geoff." The younger boy's voice purred slightly as he pulled Geoff closer. "I may be spoiled, and I may like money, but trust me Geoff, all I really am is a princess."