023.

Geoff woke up with no sign of Awsten anywhere. The only thing to signal Awsten's departure was the absence of his denim jacket, which was usually hung on the back of his desk chair.

He sat up groggily, his eyes hooded with sleep and forgetfulness. He couldn't remember what had happened. All he remembered was Awsten Knight kissing him, then everything turned black.

"Good morning sweetheart." Geoff's mother appeared in the doorway, apron on and dough covered hands wiping themselves on a washcloth. "Are you feeling okay? I made some muffins downstairs if you want any."

Geoff touched his forehead gently as he swung his legs out of bed, standing to his feet and approaching his closet. "Did you see Awsten leave?" He asked as he began to pull clothing onto his body, which consisted of a plain grey t-shirt and black jeans as always. "We were hanging out, and I—" His voice choked on his words as realization hit. "I need to see him, Mom."

Geoff's mom swallowed and tossed the dough-covered washcloth over her shoulder. "You had an episode, and I told him to go home. I offered him a ride, and he refused."

"So you just let him walk home?!" Geoff snapped up to listen, his eyebrows hung angrily over his eyes. His fists clenched down towards his sides as he began pacing around his bedroom. "I have to go to his house." He lurched for his keys which laid on the table, pushing past his mom and rushing downstairs.

His mother went after him and grabbed his shoulder just as he was about to leave the front door. "Geoff, honey, tell me what happened with you and Awsten."

Geoff glanced over his shoulder, his usually brand new bright and shiny eyes looking gloomy and sad once more. "I wish I could, Mom, I really could." He pushed the unlock button on his key set, causing the car to unlock itself. "But I've got to make things right first."

————

The security gate to Awsten's house made knots form in Geoff's belly as he pulled up to the curb. A large green military vehicle was pulled up in the driveway, glinting tauntingly in the sunlight.

Geoff's fingers were pressed into his lips as he sat deep in thought. He couldn't just walk up to Awsten's front door if his dad was there. He had to think of a plan and fast.

That's when Geoff's phone vibrated in the cup holder, alerting the boy had received a text.

The text read:

awsie: leaving the window open with a ladder hanging out, wait fifteen minutes before even attempting to sneak across the lawn. Dad is home and extremely angry

Geoff sent back an 'okay' before hastily shoving his phone back into his pocket. His eyes glanced at the clock as it read seven-fifteen p.m. Just fifteen more minutes, Geoff, you've got this.

Minutes seemingly ticked away as hours, leaving pits of nausea and nervousness forming in the depths of Geoff's stomach. He was scared about Awsten's dad finding out, for if they were caught, Geoff knew he'd end up doing something he'd regret.

Finally, the clock showed a proud seven-thirty on the dash, and Geoff killed the engine to his car and crept out of the driver's door slowly. Dipping beneath the security gate, Geoff scrambled to his feet and hurried over to the shadowed area, blocking any sight of him being visible. He snuck along the edge of the house before hitting his head along a piece of metal, muttering a curse of pain as he glanced up.

Sure enough, a large metal ladder hung from a second story window, practically swinging in the wind. I don't even think this will hold me.

"It'll hold you, now hurry up! It's a little cold." Awsten's voice whispered from the window pane, practically reading Geoff's mind. His body was bare, only boxers clinging lowly to his hips. His arms crossed over his chest as he left the lighting of the moon, retracting into the shadows.

Geoff hoisted himself onto the ladder and began the ascent up the rickety metal, silently praying to God that he didn't die that night.

As if God heard his prayer, he threw himself into Awsten's opened window and collapsed into a heap on the floor, staring up at the ceiling with wide eyes. "I actually thought I was dead." When Geoff turned his head, he noticed a scantily-clad Awsten sprawled out along the bed, his legs kicking in the air in a slow pace.

Geoff scrambled to his feet and approached the young boy, his eyes dipping slightly as he came in contact with Awsten's smooth and soft skin. "Maybe I am dead, because the only thing I'm seeing in front of me is an angel."

————
Should I make another story that's basically the instagrams of Geoff and Awsten throughout this story? Give me feedback please(:
-Rilee