the first day

Slow. Slow was the exact opposite description of his heart beat right now. Keith had just gotten a scholarship to go to this college that he had been dreaming about ever since he was younger. Today was the day he moved in with Shiro.

"We're here," said Shiro.

Keith practically jumped out of his seat, he grabbed the keys out of Shiro's hand and ran to the apartment door. Keith quickly unlocked the front door. Then, he took in the aroma of his new home.

"Cozy," Keith sighed with contentment as he walked upstairs to his new room. After Keith placed his bag on his bed, he heard a knock at his door.

Shiro opened the door and said, "I think you forgot your camera."

"Oh, thanks, Shiro," said Keith as Shiro handed it to him.

Before Keith left his room, Shiro warned, "I parked your bike outside, and don't go too far. Don't need you getting lost like last time."

"Okay, Shiro, one, the last time I got lost, I was like nine years old, and two, please don't act like my dad right now." Keith left the room before Shiro could say some other cliche, dad things.

[time skip]

He had found the perfect spot. Keith had biked to the beach. He had his Mamiya 645DF + medium format DSLR all set up. There were sounds of sandals walking in the sand behind him, but he was too engrossed in taking pictures of the landscape to even notice.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Keith was startled by the voice and slipped backwards, but before he fell, he was caught by a tall boy with tanned skin, silky brown hair, and ocean blue eyes. They stared into each other's eyes for about five seconds. Then, Keith brought his mind back to reality. He recollected himself by quickly standing up, nervously scratching the nape of his neck.

"Y-yeah your face is r-really pretty- I mean your eyes are." Keith sighed before answering the initial question. "I agree," Keith managed to say, his body finally relaxed. Then, they took a moment to look at the scenery.

"Lance."

Keith turned his head towards him at this sudden reply, and his cheeks automatically flushed pink. He looked down at his feet and gave a weak smile. He then put his hand against his chest and clenched his fist. "Lance," he whispered quietly to himself. +ha

Lance was surprised when the raven-haired boy repeated his name, but didn't mention it so that there wouldn't be an awkward moment.

"And yours?"

Keith's face then turned a hot red. "It's K-Keith."

"Cute," Lance commented as he looked at Keith with a warm smile as Keith's heart rate increased rapidly.

"You too," replied Keith.