chapter 2

Shiro heard the door suddenly slam close, and he turned his head in time to see Keith practically skip through the front door. Shiro turned around with a surprised expression to see Keith looking happy for once. It made him happy to know that Keith was having a good time.

Keith flopped down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling, just thinking about his name. " Lance," he tested the name in his mouth.

Shiro opened the door and interrupted Keith in his daydreaming, "Who's Lance?" He was carrying a plate of chocolate chip pancakes he was cooking earlier.

Keith sat up abruptly, blushing red, " What?! You heard?" Keith exclaimed, his voice fading.

"Of course," laughs Shiro, "well, who is this 'Lance'?" When Shiro sets the plate on the bedside table, Keith reads the message written with chocolate chips. He blushed even harder when he read it.

"'Y'all better not have lost your virginity'," Keith muttered. "Did you REALLY have to write that?!" complained Keith, "Besides that's not going to happen until very late into my life."

"Oh, really? Then, what were you doing with that boy on the beach?" inquired Shiro.

"Wait! Were you watching me the entire time?! How? You were at home cooking?!! "Keith exclaimed with a bewildered expression.

"Okay, so maybe I had followed you to make sure you weren't going to get arrested again.... But that's not the point. The point is you, my friend, have a boy toy," Shiro reprimanded Keith, poking his chest.

"What are you talking about, Shiro?! All that happened was that he scared me, and I tripped," Keith replied in protest.

"Oh, suurrre, you guys did. Then, how do you explain THIS?" Shiro asked while whipping out a scrap of paper from a pocket in Keith's camera bag.

"Wait, what IS that?" Keith asked as he scooted closer to Shiro to see what was written on it. Scrawled out in a messy cursive was a phone number. "He never gave me that.... He must've slipped it in before he left!!!"

"Oooooh, let's call him, like right now," Shiro suggested and brought out his phone . He started to dial the number as Keith went for a grab.

"NOOOO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!!" Keith yelled.

When Lance picked up on the other side of the line, Shiro and Keith heard, "Hello? This is Lance McClain. Who's calling?"

" Yes, hi, this is Shi-." Shiro was interrupted when the phone was snatched from his hands by a running teenager in fear.

"Helllloooo?" Lance drawled out the word.

Ugh, why does his voice have to sound so charming? Keith quickly said, "Sorry, we called the wrong number!" and ended the call.

"Aww, you ended the call already?" Shiro asked, poking his head out of Keith's bedroom.

"Yes, so please, please don't do that again," pleaded Keith.

"Hmm. No promises, Keith, "Shiro said leaving the room with a smirk on his face as he made a mental note to call this 'Lance McClain' back later. Keith stared at him with an open mouth as he left.

"Don't leave your mouth open for too long, Keith. You'll catch flies." Keith automatically shut his mouth when Shiro said that.